Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Thing Thursday

I've lost track of what day it was sitting at home all week being on the mend...

1) If you could only have 1 piece of technology out of the following, which would you take and why?
     - Cell phone (not smart phone, just able to make calls)
     - Computer with internet service, but no skype/call making capabilities

2) Halloween is a week away... you doing anything special?  Kid getting dressed as anything?

3) Ever have surgery?  Don't necessarily need to know what, if you don't wish to share... but just curious as to how many guys here have.

4 and 5 are you

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• 1) If you could only have 1 piece of technology out of the following, which would you take and why?

I'd take the computer all day long.  I am not much for the phone, my calls are usually very short and to the point.  Plus, if the cell is just a cell, I can't get info from the internet or anything.

2) Halloween is a week away... you doing anything special?  Kid getting dressed as anything?

Our plans have been chopped with me on the mend.  Last weekend we were supposeed to go to the pumpkin patch and let my oldest pick out a pumpkin, and then they have rides and such for them to go on... we usually make a great late afternoon out of it.  We won't have time to get it done now before Halloween... we might try to do our Boo at the Zoo this weekend, but we are definitely going trick-or-treating Halloween night... my nearly 3 year old has been saying he can't wait.  He's going as Spider-man (his request) and our youngest is wearing his brother's old costume, a penguin.

3) Ever have surgery?  Don't necessarily need to know what, if you don't wish to share... but just curious as to how many guys here have.

Prior to the appendix coming out last Friday, I had one prior, for a hernia back in elementary school.  I had dental surgery to get my wisdom teeth pulled, but actual invasive surgery... just the one other one.

4) The mending process has gone pretty well.  I still can't lift much without some pain, but it is getting better.  I have been told I shouldn't drive until my follow up appointment, so I've been home bound all day long, all week long.  Only so much TV I can watch...  Today is the first day that I have that slightly resembles a routine day... I have the kids today.  Watching the kids alone with a tender abdomen is no easy task... much respect to my wife for post c-section and gall bladder surgeries. 

5) I'll be glad when this weekend is over.  My wife volunteered to throw a baby shower for her best friend even though this is her 2nd kid.  Now, I know supposedly you aren't supposed to do that, but her first kid is now 13, and she had a 6 person shower when she had her daughter at 19, so she doesn't really have anything from her first kid and her coming child is a boy... so I get the point of throwing it.   But, the shower has become a major source of stress for my wife, and frankly we weren't exactly swimming in cash to throw it with both kids birthdays and Christmas so close.  I'll just be glad when it is done, my wife can get that off her plate... she's worried people will think it will suck, she's worried people won't come that said they will, she's worried that the mom-to-be might not be able to come (she's had a day or two in the hospital during this pregnancy).  Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about the shower, so the sooner it is done the better.  Saturday at 4:30pm will be a happy time.
  • 1) If you could only have 1 piece of technology out of the following, which would you take and why?

I would take the computer.  Not a big phone call person.

We aren't really doing anything special.  My wife has a few different costume options for our little guy.  I think the leader in the clubhouse is dinosaur.

I've had surgery once.  Apparently I was a ton of fun on the painkilllers afterwards.  I was told a lot of stories of things I did and said.

4) I have a break from homework this week for my masters class.  I got excited for all the free time I would have, but then I looked around the house and remembered all the stuff I've put off the last few weeks.  So much for free time.

5) I'm gearing up for Extra Life again this year.  It is a fundraising event on Nov. 2 for Childrens Miracle Network Hospitals.  It is normally a 24 hour gaming marathon, but this year it is 25 hours thanks to daylight savings.  I'm less optimistic about my chances to stay up this year because of the baby, but on the bright side I've had a bunch of practice staying up lately.

• Loading the player...
  • 1.  Computer.  I don't like talking to people.

2.  Nothing special.  We've been so busy with LO that we haven't decorated or anything.  Usually Halloween is my favorite holiday to decorate the house for but I have no motivation this year.

3.  I had surgery when I was 9.  Not too bad.  I was nauseous for a day and took some mild pain killers.  The thing I remember most was they gave me a choice of scent for the knockout gas.  I chose Root Beer which smelled great in the sample bottle.  When they actually administered the gas, the last thing I thought before I passed out was how bad it smelled and that they lied to me.

4.  I am fucking DONE with mowing the lawn!  No more, I refuse.  Last night I was getting snowed upon as I was mowing and that is just not right.  See you in April Mr. Lawnmower.

5.  I really want to book a room at the Kalahari Indoor Waterpark Resort in Sandusky, OH.  We've been there a few times before and we want to go again sometime in the winter.  

• Coltsdad said:
    I've lost track of what day it was sitting at home all week being on the mend...

1) If you could only have 1 piece of technology out of the following, which would you take and why?

4 and 5 are you
    1) Computer. Phones are dumb. Email and chat are fine for communication.

2) My kid is getting dressed up and we plan to let him ring the bell at a few houses. We'll see how much endurance he has for it.

3) Do wisdom teeth count? They do knock you out for that.

4) I have been under the weather and am frustrated it threw a monkey wrench in my working out.

5) I am so glad we don't have a lawn!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • I've lost track of what day it was sitting at home all week being on the mend...

I would chose the computer that can run all of my favorite games that my current lap top can't.

IL's has trick or treat on Saturday, LO has a Speedy McQueen costume, he wants to go as a car and picked it out.  We have done two pumpkin patches this year once with our friends who live close to the one then once with MIL, my parents, and sister in law.  We had a great time.

Does having gang green in a leg almost losing the leg count?  Or how about having a ruptured appendix that I didn't realize until two days later.  That does not include getting my wisdom teeth out by the Navy, no knock out, both wild awake.

4 and 5 are you

4) Making chili for the breast cancer with two ghosts and 4 or 5 small habernaros.

5) Today is the first day of our window.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• apbloye said:
    Wulfgar said:

IL's has trick or treat on Saturday, LO has a Speedy McQueen costume, he wants to go as a car and picked it out.  We have done two pumpkin patches this year once with our friends who live close to the one then once with MIL, my parents, and sister in law.  We had a great time.

Speedy McQueen??? Have you not watched cars recently?? Its Lighting McQueen
    Maybe they found a knock off costume of Lightning's 2nd cousin or something?
  • I know its Friday but my computer wouldn't work yesterday so I had to do it today...sorry
    1) Computer
    2) Me and my gf are taking my friend's daughter trick or treating since he and his wife are going away that week to visit her parents but they didn't want to drive thay far with a three year old so we are watching her
    3) I had surgery to remove my tonsils removed when I was younger
    4) I am now as of the 22nd Twenty-One years old and can legally drink
    5) We found where we are having our wedding and reception
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • 4) I am now as of the 22nd Twenty-One years old and can legally drink
    Cheers!

• futant462futant462 member
    edited October 2013
     I am now as of the 22nd Twenty-One years old and can legally drink 
    Happy Birthday!

•  4) I am now as of the 22nd Twenty-One years old and can legally drink 
    Awwww, such a pup!

I think the law should change so any parent gets booze, no matter what their age. Of course, you turned 21 before baby arrived.

Cheers!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • polooo26 said:
    LuckyDad said:
     4) I am now as of the 22nd Twenty-One years old and can legally drink 
    Awwww, such a pup!

I think the law should change so any parent gets booze, no matter what their age. Of course, you turned 21 before baby arrived.

Cheers!

I can't see anything going wrong!!

teen pregnancy rates reach an all time high!

• If parents of any age got to drink my high school would have even suckier. Thanks for the birthday wishes I still haven't had my first alcholic drink yet
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • For those that wonder if I have seen Cars, no I have not seen the movie and I tend to tune out the short episode that my LO watches at times.  I am also really, really bad with names.  Half the time I get the first letter correct and that is it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"