Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Introduction (Long, sorry!)

I've been lurking for a few days and I think I am ready to introduce myself.  First off, I am so sorry each and every one of you and your losses.  I would never wish this kind of heartbreak onto anyone! 

DH and I began ttc our first earlier this year in July.  In September we were so excited to get our BFP and couldn't believe how lucky we were.  Around 5w I had one day where I had some small (and I mean small) spotting.  After that we had two ultrasound during week 5 and then again at 6w2d where we saw the baby with a heartbeat of 122.  

Due to a surgery I had back in 2010 my OB wanted me to have an appointment with the high risk OB within the practice just to see if she would also like to see me throughout the pregnancy.  That appointment was on Monday.  For the first two ultrasounds both DH and I had been a little on edge hoping everything was good but for this ultrasound we really had a great feeling that everything was going okay.  I had been having normal pregnancy symptoms -- minus morning sickness -- along with having no spotting or cramping.  We got to the office around 2:45 pm and got ready for our ultrasound.  The baby should have been measuring 9w6d and unfortunately we found out that baby was only measuring 7w4d and no longer had a heartbeat.  

The news hit DH and I like a car hitting a brick wall going 100 mph.  We are shocked and even though our little one was only 2-3 months along we already miss him.  After the ultrasound we went into the room next door to talk to the doctor; however, our minds weren't really working at that point in time.  I do remember the doctor saying that all my bloodwork they had done back at 6w3d came back and looked perfect.  All my levels were right where they should have been.  After that she went over our three different options for moving forward from here.  After listening to a basic explanation of the options we elected to have a d&c preformed. 

Yesterday it hit me like a ton of bricks that although we elected to have the d&c we really hadn't asked any type of questions regarding the procedure.  Where would it be preformed? How long does it take? How long will be there all together? I have a severely tilted uterus to the back and does having that increase the risk for complications? Do I need an other Rh shot after the procedure to protect future children? Along with a dozen and half other questions I realized we should have asked. 

Today at 1:30 we go in for an appointment with my primary OB to go over all our questions along with talking about when we can begin ttc again. Yesterday I was doing pretty good emotionally; however, I woke up this morning feeling emotional and nervous about the appointment.  Kind of like it is really final -- our baby is no longer with us. There was a small part of me that thought over the past 2 days that eventually we would wake up and the doctor's would say they made a mistake. Completely irrational, I know.  After our appointment today we will be able to schedule the d&c procedure.  I am hoping we can have it done next Tuesday or Wednesday.  I think I am going to have a hard time emotionally completely moving on until the procedure is done and over with. 

I know half of this is a blog post and the other half is an introduction.  It makes me feel better getting our whole story out there.  Thanks in advance for reading! 
Me: 30 Him: 33
Married: August 2012
BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
DD: 9/22/2014

Re: Introduction (Long, sorry!)

• Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss :( 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    ***SIGGY WARNING*** 

I am so very sorry for your loss and the D&C you have to go through. 

You may also want to intro on the Miscarriage board. Most of the ladies here have had later pregnancy or infant loss, so we might not be able to be the best resource. I know the miscarriage board to be a very supportive place, and that would also be a good place for you to ask questions like the ones above. Sending lots of love to you!

Again I am so very sorry for your loss. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Noethola said:
    ***SIGGY WARNING*** 

I am so very sorry for your loss and the D&C you have to go through. 

You may also want to intro on the Miscarriage board. Most of the ladies here have had later pregnancy or infant loss, so we might not be able to be the best resource. I know the miscarriage board to be a very supportive place, and that would also be a good place for you to ask questions like the ones above. Sending lots of love to you!

Again I am so very sorry for your loss. 
    Thank you! I will check out that board as you are right that will probably be a better fit for me.  I just wasn't aware of it.  
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

I know you'll probably move over the miscarriage board, but just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

so sorry for your loss...

I had an early loss in May and had a D&C and I can tell you my experience:

It was performed at a local hospital by my OB.  I went in really early in the morning and was probably out by 10-11. You will need an Rhogam shot (unless you already got one this pregnancy).  It was a fairly easy procedure and you are put out for it so no real pain besides some cramping when you wake up.  I have found they don't take long to recover from either.  You are going through the hardest part already...the dnc is a piece of cake compared to the emotional pain you are in. 

HTH!

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"