March 2012 Moms
Options

Ten Things Thursday

Alright, so this board has been a little slow this week so let's try something new. Write ten things that are on your mind. They can be anything, you can vent, brag, or just clear your mind. I'll start...

1.) It's like 12:45 a.m. what the heck am I doing up?
2.) After being pregnant I can't drink pop or I am up all night going pee.
3.) My dd has a runny nose, and is super clingy and fussy. I feel bad for her but really I hate snot, and she refuses to blow her nose.
4.) I hate infertility. I am on my fifth month of fertility drugs and am SUPER moody. I only have one more month before my doctor says take a break. :s
5.) We had snow on the ground yesterday morning. What the heck it's only October.
6.) We carved a pumpkin and it was fun, my dd loved it. Our dog hated it though because she kept trying to feed him pumpkin.
7.) I used to sleep so good pre child, if a bomb would go off I would have slept through it. Now if I hear a little sound I'm awake.
8.) I feel like a Grinch but I'm so NOT ready for the holidays.
9.) My in laws randomly unannounced stopped by yesterday. The whole visit made my angry but it always seems to go that way.
10.) I wish harvest was over so my husband was home more. I know it won't be much longer, but Dang. At least dd loves to ride in the combine and grain truck, if not she'd never see her dad during this season.

Alright there's my 10. I hope someone else participates or I'll just look like a fool speaking 10 things that were on my mind. Happy Thursday!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ten Things Thursday

• Options
    kaleb87 said:
    At least dd loves to ride in the combine and grain truck
    My oldest would be insanely jealous of getting to ride in the combine.  A combine was #1 on his Christmas wish list last year.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1. It's only October but I am already looking forward to December. I love the Christmas season.
    2. DD is so cute about Curious George. She gets so excited when it comes on. It makes me smile to see her get so happy. :)
    3.  I'm so sick of laundry. Seems like there is always dirty laundry in the house.
    4. I have so much to get done the next couple days...and I just don't feel like it.
    5. I'm so tired. This transition of getting DD off her pacifier is wearing me out. Because her nap is all messed up, I'm not getting my break in the day.
    6. I love being a SAHM. It has always been my dream job. But sometimes I really miss being a substitute teacher.
    7. I really need to work on more video reviews for ExpoTV. I get points in exchange for reviews and I use the points for Amazon gift cards. I'm hoping to buy DD's Christmas gift that way. But I hate doing videos so I keep putting it off. lol
    8. DH has to work out of state for two weeks. I'm going to miss him so much. But not for me. I'm super independent and will do okay. For DD. She loves her Daddy so it is going to be a rough couple of weeks. :(
    9. Have I mentioned I'm tired?
    10. I really, really need to get a scarf finished and then start on another Christmas baby headband and I need to take pics of a women's Christmas headband to get things up on Etsy. I need to start selling more often to help off set some car repair expenses and a truck loan we will be getting next summer. But I just never seem to have enough time to get everything done....especially with the lack of naps lately.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. There are HUGE snowflakes coming down outside my window right now.  It looks like someone is having a pillow fight with down feather pillows out there.
    2. There is a pair of leather boots that I really want to go buy at JCPenney to wear to my cousin's wedding this weekend.  They are $68 and I have NEVER spent that much on a pair of shoes.  But I am really tempted.  Good thing the mall is 45 minutes away, that is what is deterring me the most.
    3. I bought a long sleeved maxi dress to wear for my sister's baby shower Nov. 16th.  I really want to wear it to the wedding this weekend, too, but it is the exact same crowd of people (my cousin is marrying my sister's husband's brother, so they will be SILs as well as cousins.  So the baby shower literally be all the same people.) and only 2 weeks apart.  I don't have a lot of accessories to choose from to make it look different.
    4. We just got invited to my husband's aunt's house on Thanksgiving.  Love the aunt, but not looking forward to it.  Every time we go to a gathering with his family, they sit there and plan a "family trip" for the following spring and reminisce about the one they took the past year.  They always choose an extravagant locale where they can go to an all inclusive and sit and drink all day.  Everyone goes, his mom, sisters and their husbands, aunt, uncle, cousins... We can't even begin to afford those kinds of trips anymore and they don't even humor us by inviting us.  We will be driving 2 hours to get there and 2 hours home with little guys to feel alienated pretty much the whole time.  We were invited to dinner via group fb message and they already started asking the sister who arranges things with the travel agent questions about the trip.  Ugh.
    5. Getting my hair cut this afternoon, yay!
    6. One of my really good friends' baby shower is this weekend on the same day as my cousin's wedding.  I am so excited for my friend, she has been trying for about 2 years and had a previous loss.  She and her husband are going to be wonderful, wonderful parents.  I'm sad, though, because I will only be able to stay for 1 hour of her shower and then have to hop in the car to get to the wedding on time.  Why do all the important things always get scheduled at the same time? :(
    7. I emailed my doctor about additional thyroid testing I'm interested in having about a week and a half ago and have gotten no response...I'm afraid he has an issue with me asking about it, it seems like a lot of endos don't like to get into what I'm asking for.  There are no good thyroid doctors locally and this one is 2 hours away, I don't want to have to search for another one.
    8. It was my turn to be class helper at preschool on Tuesday.  Class helper is responsible for snack that day, and it HAS to be healthy.  I baked pepperoni/cheese rolls and brought baby carrots and grape juice.  My kid was the only one out of all 6 in the class that would eat either thing. On other helper days, I have taken water, cheddar cheese, and applesauce (the cool squeezie kind) and pretzels, raisins, and yogurt smoothies.  No matter what I take, half of the kids will not eat either thing and the teacher will go get a box of Cheerios and they will eat that.  It always reminds me to be thankful that my kid is not a picky eater and makes me wonder why I even bother trying to put any thought into what I bring when all they will eat is Cheerios.
    9. The boys and I drove to the next town over to go to the small locally owned book store on Tuesday.  Our town only has a Christian bookstore, the Walden's in the closest mall went out of business a year ago, and Walmart has next to no children's books anymore.  It was great, I have really missed book stores.  We ended up buying 5 books.
    10. I will be shopping with Amazon a lot less now that they raised their minimum for free shipping.  I have a hard time getting $25 sometimes, let alone $35.  And I stubbornly refuse to pay money to join a club to get free shipping on future purchases.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1. I just had Panera's cream of chicken and wild rice soup for lunch and it was delicious.
    2. I'm pretty much over this whole nausea while pregnant thing.
    3. DD is starting to talk up a storm and I love hearing her misprounouce words. It's adorable!
    4. Today is my day to clean the bathrooms.  This is my least favorite chore.
    5. I'm probably going to nap instead of do #4.
    6. I'm glad @kaleb87 started this thread to liven things up and I hope everyone responds!
    7. I'm itching for the crazy train to start on my new BMB.  There has only been one nutjob and I'm sad.
    8. I think @namcgee should totally rock that maxi at both events.  No one will notice if you don't say anything. Promise.
    9. I can't believe there are only 2 months to Christmas!  Yikes!!
    10. Tomorrow is our 5 year wedding anniversary!
  • Options
    @countrygrl5533, I was wondering how it was going with getting rid of the pacifier. Sorry it has been rough, and that both of you are tired. I am sending sympathy your way because DD's nap time is my rejuvenation time. I am dreading when we take paci away.

@namcgee, you are a BUSY woman. If I had all those showers and weddings I would done in. I agree with @Lilnunz1, wear the dress. Rock it both times, especially if you buy the boots!

@Lilnunz1 Happy (early) Anniversary! I hope your nausea subsides so you can have a great anniversary, and the rest of your pregnancy. Please keep us posted on your new BMB, we all need some laughs. ;)
  • Options
    @kaleb87, It is my rejuvenation time too so it has been a tough week. On DH too. He is going to be gone for work for a few weeks so he would like some extra "special time" before he leaves and I'm dead by the end of the day and have no energy left for that. lol

FYI, she napped today!!! She fell asleep about 12:50 (instead of 12:30) until 3pm (her normal time). So yay!!! Hopefully the trend continues.

@namcgee, Yeah, the Amazon thing is stupid. But I earn gift cards for doing certain things online so most my purchases are around $50 so it won't affect directly. Still ticks me off though. I order so much through Amazon as we don't have many choices near me so it's the best way to get what I need and be affordable. I do a lot of internet shopping.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    1) We found out yesterday that our oldest dog has terminal cancer and likely has very little time left. He isn't acting sick and they found a tumor while he was in to get his teeth cleaned. This dog was my first child and love him like I can't even explain. I've been a crying wreck and slept maybe 3 hours last night.
    2) My dog.
    3) My dog.
    4) My dog.
    5) My dog.
    6) My dog.
    7) My dog.
    8) My dog.
    9) My dog.
    10) I ate too much at lunch.

• Options
    @eyenigh Oh, I am so sorry about your dog. I've had pets all my life and they have always been like members of the family. I hope you are able to enjoy your remaining time together, and that you can find solace in the knowledge that he had a long and happy life with you. ((hugs)) >:D<
  • Options
    Oh, @eyenigh...hugs! I am so, so sorry about your dog!!
  • Options

1. I hope this baby isn't born too early. When the doctors get concerned then I get worried and overly emotional. Plus I need to go to work and NOT feel like crap. I hate dragging butt all day.

2. DS has grown so fast in the past few months that I feel like I can barely comprehend it There are new activities, new words, it's all really amazing.

3.My oldest cat is getting really skinny and I don't know why. She has an appt. scheduled but I worry because she is almost 15 years old.

4.I'm happy that the holiday season is here. I love celebrating holidays and all the cooking and crafting that goes along with it.

5.I need to make DS's Christmas stocking.

6. Recent events have caused me to rethink DS #2's name. No I'm stuck and don't know what to call him.  :-<

7. I'm still readjusting to living in a small town. It's really tough for me.

8. I have been planning holiday, birthday, and new baby photo shoots. It's too expensive to pay for so I will just do them all myself. I hope they come out okay.

9. I want to take DS to the library this weekend but the doctor said to rest. I feel like DS is missing out.

10. I'm tired but can't sleep!  :|

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. I haven't had enough to do at work the last couple of weeks and I hate it, even more than when I am super busy and overwhelmed. I have all these projects that are supposed to be starting up soon but none of them have really kicked off yet. I really hate twiddling my thumbs at work when there's so much I could be doing at home!

2. My DH and I are going to have a date night tomorrow while my parents watch DS. I feel like I should be more excited about it, but I'm just not.

3. Related to #2, I scheduled an appointment with my therapist to talk about maybe starting couples counseling. We're not really having a terrible time, things are just kind of blah and often strained, and I feel like we should have adjusted to this whole parenting thing by now and be having more fun with each other like we used to.

4. I have no idea why my DS STTN for the first time last night. Seriously, we have been killing ourselves trying to work on his sleep for the past few months, and nothing has seemed to make a difference. Did the stars just align last night, or was there some combination of factors that allowed him to sleep (that we can recreate every night!!!), or what?? This has been the absolute most frustrating experience I've ever dealt with my entire life.

5. I think DS and I will be bees for Halloween. I've thought about being a bee before and I think it will be relatively easy to make the costumes. (DH is already going as something else).

6. I LOVE Fall! The cooler weather, the cozy clothes, the winter squash... I am obsessing over all the new squash recipes I want to try. I wish we could just skip winter and summer and have only fall and spring.

7. Even though the first two episodes have been pretty depressing, I'm so glad The Walking Dead is back on. It's the only show I never fail to watch right now.

8. We lapsed on our pets flea treatment and now our dog has fleas. GROSS. We are in full-on decontamination mode in our house. Ugh.

9. DS really needs a haircut, he looks like such a ragamuffin. Maybe we'll finally do it this weekend.

10. We're going to get W's blood drawn tomorrow to test his iron levels (he was anemic at his 1 yr appt) and get a bunch of allergy tests done. I can't wait to find out the results!

• Options
    Update: I bought the boots.  Even worse?  I printed out a coupon for 15% off from the website to take along, so they would've only been $58.65.  Drove the 45 mins to the closest mall specifically for those boots, and then found out my coupon had blown out of the car in our driveway while I was busy chasing the boys around trying to get them both into the car (the wind is gusting and it's really cold here today).  So I bought the damn things full price!  But I also found some sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt on the clearance rack for the boys for $3.99 each, so...it balances out?

@eyenigh, sorry to about your doggy. :(

@Excited30 So sorry to hear that your sister has been through so much with her thyroid.  Thoughts and prayers for her recovery, and feel free to throat punch anyone who says it's the "good" cancer to have.
  • Options

@Zimger Hang in there mama! It must be so hard to be worrying about your pregnancy and  work AND try to meet your DS1's needs! I'm sure he doesn't feel deprived just spending time with his mama. :)

@Excited30 Happy anniversary, and good luck with the marriage course. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. My thoughts will definitely be with you and her come Christmas time.

• Options

1) I'm sick of being broke
    2) Work sucks but #1 makes # 2 a necessity ..FOR NOW
    3) My lil guy is such an adorable lil butt which partly explains #'s 1&2
    4) I need new glasses .. been putting it off way too long
    5) My husband is awesome... I swear I'd be insane by now if it weren't for him.
    6) I too am sick of laundry...dishes and housework in general.. I am beginning to see the error of my ways when I thought an old friend was crazy for always using paper plates and plastic cutlery lol
    7) new word Tree and now we get bye bye as well as bye.. which would be nice if he wasnt shouting it at me as we pull into the parking lot at work.. geez kid at least let the car stop LOL
    8) Munchkin is eating better and being a bit more adventuress... we were going through a severe picky patch
    9) Did I mention my job sucks..  lets just say the level of expectation amongst my peers does not seem very level and it's getting better not worse.
    10) I am so greatful for my coworker/cohort who keep s me sane 7 and a hlaf hours a day.

11) I'm just Happy to still see so many of you ladies still here and posting, even though we all have a lot on our plates..  you are still like a big family...  

@Namgee

.. Duchess Kate wears things twice ...so if anyone comments just tell them it's a Royal thang..and very fashionable nowadays lol

• Options
    Wipz said:
    @Namgee

.. Duchess Kate wears things twice ...so if anyone comments just tell them it's a Royal thang..and very fashionable nowadays lol

I like it.  I certainly would not normally have an issue wearing something twice (or, um, until it falls apart!), it is just since the two events are only 2 weeks apart with exactly the same people.  Don't want people to think I'm snobby or anything.
  • Options
    1.  I'm so tired.  All the time.  I don't remember being this tired the first time I was pregnant.  And DD is FINALLY sleeping through the night, so I don't think I can blame her anymore...

2.  I'm tired of my daily routine.  I want a nice long vacation where I can sleep late and stay up late and nap and not pack a lunch every morning.

3.  DH and I both have full time jobs for the first time and we're making a ton more money than we have previously.  So why are we still falling short every month?  I was hoping this would be a problem of the past.

4.  Related to #3, I'm sad DD#2 will get cheap nursery furniture when Jane's is so nice.  

5.  I finally feel like I may be getting actual friends IRL!  It's nice!

6.  I love that it's getting colder - it means that my cat cuddles with me at night and that makes me happy.

7.  Jane is amazing me at how quickly she's learning things.  It's crazy!

8.  I almost never post on my new BMB.  I kind of hope that everybody migrates to FB after the babies are born and that the board is left with less reactionary posters.  I really like this group now more than I did during our pregnancies!

9.  I need to spend less time online.

10.  Did I mention that I'm tired?

@Zimger - I hope things are going ok with you.  I was told no more exercising due to a couple of issues and my preterm labor with Jane and I'm pretty bummed about that, but it sounds like you're having a really hard time!  Take it easy!

@eyeneigh - I'm sorry to hear about your dog.  I can't imagine how hard that is!

• Options
    1. I have a headache from saying "no" and "don't..." all day.
    2. Saturday my Mom is babysitting while DH & I attend an engagement party. I'm excited to dress nice and wear some sexy heels.
    3. DS took a barrette out of his sisters hair today and had it in his mouth.
    4. I wanted five minutes of quiet today so I pretended I didn't see DS take DDs binky and start sucking on it.
    5. I've developed a weird habit of eating black bean and veggie burritos at 9 am.
    6. This is my third attempt at trying to participate in this post.
    7. DD just woke me up at 3 am, it's really hard to let her CIO bc it startles DS awake.
    8. My hair that fell out and started growing back from DS fell out and has started growing back again. I have a lovely halo of spikes on my hair line.
    9. I've turned into a total food snob.
    10. I'm going back to bed!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

@Zimger Hang in there mama! It must be so hard to be worrying about your pregnancy and  work AND try to meet your DS1's needs! I'm sure he doesn't feel deprived just spending time with his mama. :)

It's been tough but I'm sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

• Options

@Zimger - I hope things are going ok with you.  I was told no more exercising due to a couple of issues and my preterm labor with Jane and I'm pretty bummed about that, but it sounds like you're having a really hard time!  Take it easy!

I had a check up today and they said that things were looking better so I feel a bit better. I just hope we can keep it that way! I think I will have to rest much more this pregnancy than I did with DS.

I hope things go well with you too. Lets keep these babies cooking as long as we can!

• Options

Excited30 said:
    Update:  Marriage course is out :(  Thanks all for the well wishes though.

sorry to hear that

• Options
    bend my ear later f you need to... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"