LGBT Parenting

Health and Wellness Check In

Happy Hump Day! Any health- or wellness-related issues or successes to share? What are you struggling with right now? What are you doing well?

QOTW: Do you have any "healthy" plans for the weekend?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Health and Wellness Check In

• My stomach feels like an empty, cavernous well that I cannot for the life of me fill.  Has anyone else ever felt that?  Like no matter how much you eat, you still want more?  I hate when this happens to me - but then I love it because everything tastes SO GOOD, even salad greens.  But it's not good for my body so I am trying really hard to curb it.  It's frustrating, though.  I wish, wish, wish there was a safe appetite suppressant out there that would take the feeling away.

Not too much good news on that front for me... We've been really busy so we haven't had time to go to the Y.  We have plans every night this week until Monday.  October is just a super-crazy busy month.  Which is sad because usually I like to curl up on the couch with DP and enjoy cozy nights together but I suppose that can wait until November.

I plan to get back at it next week.  For now I just have to try to tame the cravings monster and find ways to take my mind off of it.

QOTW:  Nope.  Nada.  Zilch.  We're going out of town on Friday night to participate in Halloween costume contests.  It's C's mom's favorite thing to do in the world so we're gonna be troopers and do it.  On Saturday I'm supposed to go to a concert with my mom, aunt, cousin, and brother.  So that will be nice.  We're staying the night on Saturday night and then we're driving back Sunday.  I have to take my broke down Focus home which I'm dreading - I have to drive it on the interstate and the old thing starts shaking if I exceed 65 mph.  It's awful.  C had to take it up last weekend because we had to drive separate.  Then I'm staying the night with my mom (since she lives in Indy) and I have to get my blood work done on Monday morning to check my progesterone.  Then I have to hurry downtown to jury duty.  Man, I'm tired just thinking of all the stuff I have going on.  Some fun, some not so fun, but nonetheless not conducive to focusing on my health.

• The best laid plans ...

This has been a really busy week. Thursday I took over a friend's class (university) and that took up much of my day. On Friday, I had my sono and tutorial and babysitting. Saturday was a big cleaning and organizing day. Sunday we did swimming!! Yay. Then I got food poisoning and was terribly sick. Monday, I had my hysteroscopy. Yesterday, I was recovering from both food poisoning and the procedure.

In other words, I have lots of excuses for why I haven't done much in the health and wellness world this last week. But I don't actually want excuses. I want to get in shape for my baseball tournament that I leave for 3 weeks from tomorrow. And I want to get in shape for our IVF, even if we transfer into M, which we're hoping to do.

My eating has been largely simple carbs for the last few days since my stomach has felt uneasy recently. I had fruit for the first time in 48 hours today. Mmm. Delicious. I think I'm finally feeling ready to try regular foods again. I'm on campus right now, so I think I will choose a Wendy's salad.

QOTW: No specific plans. But M and I ordered aquafit supplies and they came yesterday. I'm not allowed to swim for a couple more days after my hysteroscopy but I should be ready to go this weekend. So hopefully we will go swimming in our apartment pool once or twice.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Back when the Health & Wellness Check In was started, I thought to myself...I don't really need to post there every week.  I have things under control and I'm doing well, so I'll skip this weekly check in.

Well...that was a nice thought; however, it is nowhere near the truth.  I joined WW in January 2013 and have been losing and gaining the same 7 pounds since.  I have followed WW before and successfully lost 51 pounds.  Then I let life get in the way, mainly two very unhealthy relationships, and it all came back, plus an extra 15.  Some days I feel good and others I feel horribly uncomfortable.  I promised myself I would never get back to this point, yet here I am. 

I thought that actively TTC would help me stay on track and lose during the process.  Again, not the truth!  My RE said he wasn't worried about my weight when we started this whole process.  I was happy with that, but still wonder in the back of my mind if my weight isn't a factor.  I really didn't, and don't, want to be this heavy and then get pregnant on top of it. 

So, here I am.  I'm going to faithfully post in this thread every week just like I do on Mondays and Tuesdays.  My commitment to myself is to get back on track, pregnancy or no pregnancy.  If I am pregnant at some point, I want to feed the baby the best food possible, with as little processed food as I can manage.  Might as well start that now and treat my own body as I would that of our future baby. 

This works out well, as my WW meeting is also on Wednesday. 

QOTW:  We don't really have any particular "healthy" plans for the weekend.  C isn't really into being healthy, so this is part of my struggle.  When I lost weight previously, my boyfriend at the time was very supportive and we actively lost weight together.  Anyway, we do need to finish splitting and stacking some wood this weekend (if the snow can hold off!) and plan to do that on Sunday.  It is a good workout.  I am also hoping to finally move the treadmill out of the future nursery and into the living room.  I think this will encourage me to use it more often.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Hello everyone! Well... I ran a half marathon on Sunday and did it in personal record time! My body is in the best shape of my life. My eating, however, has been garbage. Because of all the running I have been hungry all the time and eating whatever I want. Now that the race is over it is back to reality. A and I are trying a "clean eating" diet, which I am enjoying so far. Hopefully that will help me drop some weight before our next IUI. We joined a new gym tonight that feels more comfortable than the gym we had been going to. Hopefully that will kick start our workouts and the new diet will keep being easy and enjoyable. Here's to staying strong this week!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Whoops, I forgot to post!  We had a dinner party on Saturday, and celebrated my sister's birthday on Sunday and Monday, and ended up gaining 2 lbs.  Oh well.  Back on track today.  Just got back from the gym and started adding in not-too-fast walking.

QOTW: I'm going to Maine with my family, so there's going to be a lot of eating.  I'm hoping I can offset that a little with some walks and/or easy hiking.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• StacyLH24 said:

QOTW:  We don't really have any particular "healthy" plans for the weekend.  C isn't really into being healthy, so this is part of my struggle.  When I lost weight previously, my boyfriend at the time was very supportive and we actively lost weight together. 

I have the same problem...my wife isn't into being healthy.  She's super supportive of me and will measure things when cooking so I can track accurately, but her own bad eating sometimes, um, "inspires" me to eat badly too!  And I wish I could get her to go to the gym with me, if only because it would be more time to spend with her.  Oh well.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"