Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Healthy female considering surrogacy...

Hi, Im not sure where to begin.
I have had several healthy, full term pregnancies. I feel that my own family is complete and am contemplating becoming a surrogate if a match can be found!!
My only interest in this is to help a family that desperately desires a child. How do I go about presenting such an offer to someone?

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Healthy female considering surrogacy...

• Options
    Mama-BearMama-Bear member
    edited October 2013
    Research your rear off.  There's a lot more to surrogacy than just having a healthy pregnancy.  Look around on some surrogacy message boards for a while (I would suggest a few months minimum before you even start looking).  Once you're ready to match with a couple you can look for an agency to match you or look independently.  How long ago did you deliver your twins?  How long did your OB say you needed to wait before becoming pregnant again?  If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them for you via PM, but "where to start" can be a very lengthy answer as a whole.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Ive researched it for years. At one point I was considering it for a family member. ty though.

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm on the other end of things...but if you've researched for years, then you likely know your options in how to proceed. Seems you can go independently or through an agency and figuring that out is your next step. Good luck, its awesome you want to do this!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"