July 2013 Moms
Options

Have you seen this-The Windi

equinusequinus member
edited October 2013 in July 2013 Moms
DH showed this to me, it's by the makers of the Nose Frida. It looks pretty strange to me, but it got lots of positive reviews. I am intrigued since DS still gets pretty bad gas and has a tendency to not poop for days at a time. It's called The Windi. Apparently you stick the thing up their butt like taking a rectal temp and it lets the gas out. Has anyone tried this before? https://www.amazon.com/The-Windi-Colic-Reliever-Babies/dp/B00BEX1P56/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1382460837&sr=1-1&keywords=windi
image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Have you seen this-The Windi

• Options
    I had never heard of it until someone mentioned it to me at a party on Sunday (can you believe party talk has come to this, btw?!). I considered it because Logan has such bad constipation but since the thermometer and even suppositories don't work for him, I don't know if it is even worth me trying. If you do get one, please post an update!

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Options
    Not a chance. I can't imagine putting anything into the rectum is a good idea. If used often it could probably do more damage.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have some, they didn't do anything for DD but I only tried a few times and she never really had trouble passing gas. You use baby oil and only insert it as far as a thermometer. It's a hollow tube that helps trapped air escape. It has such great reviews I imagine it does work well for some.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have enough trouble trying to take Jaes temperature. Takes me a good 6 times to get a reading cause when you stick it up his butt he poops. Can't imagine using that thing for gas lol

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• Options
    I've been curious but I don't think that I'll ever use that. Yoga works wonders on his digestive system.
  • Options
    Nope, no, no, no. I haven't even taken my sons temperature that way.
  • Options
    I saw that a whole ago...still grossed out.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I hadn't heard of these until someone on here mentioned having used one successfully, I think it was @Liz444? I don't think I could do it, if nothing else but for the fear of the horrid release of stink. DS's gas is toxic sometimes, and that's just in little toots, let alone it all emptying at once.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Heard iof it but no experience using it. DS is getting better at cutting them loose now so we probably don't need it right now
  • Options
    Babies are better at expelling their own gas at around 4 months. I find that some simethicone drops, belly massage, and leg bicycling do the trick when Finn's really gassy. Putting anything in the rectum is potentially dangerous, as it could a vasovagal response.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yep when DD2 was younger. Haven'r needed to use them for a couple months. She used to sqirm and cry out in pain in the MOTN and the Windi was amazing. It tookme a few times to get the massage right so it worked but it saved us from many sleepless nights.

• Options
    Nope. I move his legs, bend his knees, lay him on his tummy, to try to get it out that way.

I could never put something up there. Doctors here say rectal temps are also a no no, it's too easy to cause an injury if they squirm.
  • Options
    Lurking from Aug 13 (even though baby girl arrived in July) we got the Windi as a gift. I actually used it last week. Baby girl was on day two of no poop, which is unusual for her, no gas and hard belly screaming all afternoon and night. I did the Windi as a last ditch effort and I'm a believer in it now. I could hear the gas coming out and she immediately stopped crying. Less that three minutes later she had a massive poop and was a new baby. Happy and smiling.
  • Options
    I saw it at BBB and could only wonder if it really worked. I would never feel comfortable using it!
    imageimage
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I wondered if the thing really worked, I guess for some it does. When i first saw it i was like is this a real thing, lol. I am comfortable doing rectal temps, did it with my DD, just haven't had to with DS. Maybe next time he is going on day 6 with no poop I will try and temp him. He is definitely better now at getting out his farts then he was a month ago, so this probably would have been better then.
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've never used it but would totally try it if E had bad colic or couldn't pass gas. Her new thing is not popping for 3 dAys. This has me worried but I don't think the windi is for poop.
  • Options

I saw it at BBB and could only wonder if it really worked. I would never feel comfortable using it!

This exactly. But at least you don't have to put your mouth on it!
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    Yes, we had it for li and it worked. The way it's designed you can't put it up too far so it can't hurt the baby. Just make sure to put a little Vaseline or baby oil on it before inserting.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    I wanted to get one since I know some people rave about them, but its really expensive for what you get and the directions say to massage belly first then lift the legs, and that alone gets gas out (for us anyway). Also read that people were told by their pedi not to use it because of the risk of tearing and because babies can become dependent on rectal stimulation to poop/pass gas. That being said, if you are careful and don't use it regularly it probably can really help in some cases.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    We got these in a moment of desperation, when she was so bloated but nothing else worked to get gas out or help her be more comfortable. Unfortunately they did nothing for us either.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"