Attachment Parenting
Options

Help. Posted in another board with no response

DD is 6 weeks and she keeps getting low grade fevers at night. This is the 4th night in a row. Has anyone else experienced this? 
imageimageimage

Re: Help. Posted in another board with no response

• Options
    Emerald27Emerald27 member
    edited October 2013
    By what do you mean "low grade"? Normal newborn temp is 97 to 100.3 degrees (taken rectally), so if LO's temp is 100.4 or higher, call your doctor. Otherwise, it's likely just LO's normal little furnace self. :)

It is usually recommended to keep the house cool and the clothes LO wears warm, but not too warm. That's better (safer and healthier) than the other way around: warm house with lighter clothing. So if the house is cool and you think LO is bundled a bit too warmly, remove a layer and see how she fares.

Also, consider LO's demeanor. If she's a happy baby, she's probably ok. Good luck!
    imageimage
  • Options
    DD's temp has always been in the mid to high 99's which her pedi said was normal. Ditto what PP said.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I realized I should rely on my doctor's advice after posting this. Haha! But they told me the same thing the posters wrote about in this post. Thank goodness :) 
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"