Infertility
Options

Low Beta hell and living the unknown..... (warning BFP mentioned)

Hello everyone!  Well the title pretty much says it all!  I am living in Beta Hell right now!  I am currently 19dp3dt,and have had 3 beta's done.....
Beta #1 11dp3dt = 14
Beta #2 14dp3dt = 36
Beta #3 18dp3dt = 123

So I have admit that after my first beta and the not so reassuring phone call from the clinic telling me to expect a miscarriage I completely counted myself out. Now..... I know my numbers are still super low but they are rising with a 2.2 day doubling time so I am starting to think perhaps there might be some hope..... This is soooooooo confusing.  I didn't know after the 2ww I would continue to wait - haha mine should have been called the 4+ww!  

Anyone else going through this same waiting game right now or in the past?

Re: Low Beta hell and living the unknown..... (warning BFP mentioned)

• Options

The doubling time looks good.  FX for you.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Thanks for the quick replies.  I have a 4th beta scheduled for Thursday the 24th.  Strangely enough last night/today is the first time I have really had any symptoms.  Last night I was sooooooo tired I went to bed at 7:30pm and slept soundly until 5am this morning (got up to pee at 2am but fell right back to sleep) and today my bb's hurt for the first time since a few days after my trigger.  

Limbo truly is not a fun place to be.  Granted I will take being in limbo if I get a happy result in the end!  So trying to be positive without getting my hopes up there too much.  

So nice to know other women out there going through IVF and the waiting and the emotions that come with it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i am going through something similar
    9 dp 5dt 12.5
    11 dp5dt 10
    13 dp5dt 22 (dark brown spotting once when wipped TMI)
    15 dp5dt 77
    17 dp5dt 240
    19 dp5dt 930
    21 dp5dt 1500 (saw sac)

i go back thurs to see if sac grew.  doctor said at this point it could go either way.

• Options
    Hi lbro26 - I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you!  So frustrating - but hoping when you go back Thursday the sac will have grown!  I have pretty much had spotting since my ER and even had some red blood (TMI!) over the weekend for about an hour each day......  I was sure that was it and I was done for but it never really progressed and #'s still went up, our bodies are so tricky and confusing.
  • Options
    its just awful...i have 3 previous chemical pregnancy's so this was nothing new but my numbers have never gotten higher that 75.  i am trying to stay positive and keep in mind that i have go further than i even have.  Next cycle if this ends i will be on lovenox as well.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    I will send good thoughts your way!
    Me:35,  DH: 39   
    TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
    8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
    10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
    3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
    4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
    6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
    8/13: FET #1= BFN
    10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • Options
    All of my preg's have started with very low numbers.  One of them actually stuck out of 4.  There is definitely hope as long as the numbers keep doubling & don't start going back down.
  • Options
    My prayers are with you. Keep the faith. Your still doubling. My friend started this low too. She had a false HPT 's( including beta day). However, her dd is 5 now and very healthy and happy. Please be encouraged.
  • Options
    I am hopeful for you and lbro36. Good luck! I thought that 48-72 doubling was within the normal range.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    Good luck to both you ladies. Fingers crossed.
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Options
    Good luck   positive vibes sent your way!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Siggy warning.. 

My betas ( on a natural cycle - DD was a cliche break pregnancy)

beta 1 - 6
    beta 2 - 36
    beta 3 - 117

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to update...went yesterday and we saw a yolk sac...it is growing great and my beta was just where it should be( forgot to ask #) lol  go next week to see if we have a heart beat.
  • Options
    @lbro26 Congrats - that is wonderful news..... hoping you see that wonderful heart beat next week. Sadly my numbers were not great - they only went up to 167 from 123 over three days.  Now I really just am hoping its not ectopic and can stops the crinone and estrace soon and just have everything end naturally so we can move on and I can focus on the next cycle in a few months.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"