June 2014 Moms
Options

8 weeks and nothing sounds good to eat...

I learned quickly that I feel better when I eat little meals throughout the day but nothing ever sounds good! I am already a very picky/plain eater so trying to be mindful of getting nutrients (and taking my prenatal of course) but what do you do when nothing sounds good at all? I am trying things but after a few bites I am usually totally over it.

Re: 8 weeks and nothing sounds good to eat...

• Options
    I am having the same problem. I just try to eat a little each time, and eat often.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    I'm in the same boat. I usually eat pretzels. That's the only thing that is decent to me. Pasta is also a good go to for me.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel the same way! I don't feel nauseated if I eat often... Yet NOTHING sounds good. I too am a picky and plain eater prior to pregnancy. I just have a few bites of something, or just make myself eat it, then eating is over with and my tummy feels okay. Will this last through the whole pregnancy or just the 1st trimester? .
  • Options
    Same here! I read that it's better to have several small meals a day. I've found that an egg or two, a small bowl of oatmeal, or snacking on Cheerios is a good breakfast- they're plain and easy to keep down. Fruit has been good, too, as well as chicken. My husband will usually share meals with me since I haven't been up to a full one myself.
  • Options
    Earlier tonight, I walked down the candy aisle at the drugstore on my way to check out and nothing sounded appealing. There's one benefit to nothing sounding appealing! :)

I haven't had a whole lot of nausea yet, but my appetite comes in waves. I've been trying to keep my refrigerator stocked with groceries as inspiration to try new recipes, so that's my motivation to keep eating. I made kung pao chicken for the first time tonight and it was delicious! Not sure I would have felt that way had I not put all of the effort into making it. I have three more dishes lined up to make tomorrow, will freeze some for when the nausea really hits.
  • Options
    Same here. I went grocery shopping today and got home and had nothing to eat that sounded good. I've been sticking to bland foods. They're easiest to get down. 

CafeMom Tickers

imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I am having a similar problem, yet somehow am still gaining weight. I was nauseous my entire first tri with my DS and I gained 10 lbs during that time! I think the grazing all day is what got me. I felt hungry all the time and exercised during my entire preg, but still gained over 50 lbs. This time I'm thinking of keeping a food journal.
    But the nausea should pass around week 13 or 14. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Whatever you eat, make sure you keep drinking water and stay hydrated. My OB said it's much better for me to not get enough to eat than to drink. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Options
    I'm having the same issue, I'm just not hungry and when I finally am there is nothing that i want to eat. I have found that my favorite right now is soup and OJ. So i think i might make some soups that I freeze and eat when I'm hungry that way I have some options and they are healthier than anything canned. 

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Same here!!  DH owns a restaurant which is great but the only problem is nothing sounds good on the menu...i normally have cereal which helps...also i have found that if i keep snacking throughout the day and don't let myself get to the point of starving i am better off!!  I hate yogurt but found some that has 8 grams of protein in it which usually having one cup of that helps a lot too!!
  • Options
    I had this issue with my first.  I ate A LOT of buttered pasta with seasoning salt.  There are days I had to force it down.  Good luck :(
    BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • Options
    Thanks to all for sharing your experiences and ideas. Comforting and helpful to hear from ya. Good luck and here's to appetites up ahead!
  • Options
    I am in the same boat.  I stick with bagels, fruit and plain pasta.  I try to force my self to eat at least a little.  I am also dealing with some major gas and bloat so I am full after a few bites.
    1st BFP 6/12/13, EDD 2/24/14,  blightum ovum diagnosis 7/17/13
    2nd BFP 9/20/13, EDD 6/1/14 -- hoping for our sticky baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"