November 2013 Moms
Options

Gifts for grandparents?

Hi there,

I've had a terrific pregnancy! Our girl is due November 16! My parents have been jumping through hoops and purchased our crib, mattress, the *exact* bedding I wanted, pretty clothes... My MIL assembled a beyond-perfect baby shower for us, and has been picking up clothes and offering lots of help. My BIL helped cater the event. My sister and her husband surprised us with a diaper pail, car seat cover/mirror, and other items. My youngest sis is offering to do distance ed for a week in December to come up and help us (she's finishing school) and my SIL is also trying to do the same thing, though it's easier for her since she lives in our town =)

Needless to say I am one of those lucky ones who has had a lot of help. For all the aunts/uncles I made them lightweight snuggle blankets with buttons; something handmade and simple. For the grandparents I want to find something just as sweet/useful. I am not a "conventional" gift-giver... I'm not into the photo frames with words on them, or t-shirts or anything like that. I don't mean to sound picky, it works great for others—it's just not "me" =)

What have been some unique or "Ooh, I didn't think if that!" useful baby items for grandparents? Do grandpas like snuggle blankets? Do grandmas like necklaces that babies can safely grab a hold of?

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Gifts for grandparents?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    GOBLU1274 said:

How about a grandchild?  I hear they make great gifts! 

I agree! Bet you never thought of that gift idea!
  • Options
    Oh I wish I said this earlier.  PERFECT GIFT.

BJs FOR ALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

(Sorry, Garden.  Had to)
    I just peed myself for the first time this pregnancy laughing at this!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow, I think it is sweet that you want to acknowledge your family in a special way by making them something from the heart.  I am not creative so I have minimal ideas but I apologize for everyone else's extremely negative behavior.  I suggest writing the thank you note from the baby's voice instead of your own (always a cute idea).  Again, not creative with the gifts that are handmade, but I made my dad an ornament with the baby's footprint and handprint in dough.  You can also make a footprint or handprint of the baby on paper and create some sort of art from it (Ive seen butterflies and such on pinterest).  Very thoughtful and kind of you, even if it isnt necessary.

• Options
    brea311 said:
    Wow, I think it is sweet that you want to acknowledge your family in a special way by making them something from the heart.  I am not creative so I have minimal ideas but I apologize for everyone else's extremely negative behavior.  I suggest writing the thank you note from the baby's voice instead of your own (always a cute idea).  Again, not creative with the gifts that are handmade, but I made my dad an ornament with the baby's footprint and handprint in dough.  You can also make a footprint or handprint of the baby on paper and create some sort of art from it (Ive seen butterflies and such on pinterest).  Very thoughtful and kind of you, even if it isnt necessary.

I advise you to learn how this board rolls.  Nobody cares for you to be a white knight, we're all adults and if an apology were required, I'm sure they are more than capable of issuing their own should they so choose.

image   image
    image    image

• Options
    brea311 said:

I'm not sorry about my post either.  No apologies necessary.  Since when are BJs "negative"?!  GTFO!

maybe she's another
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I understand how you feel! you would like to show your appreciation.. if I had some extra cash - I would too! I have no ideas tho! I just can't believe how rude everyone is... I have been coming to this board since March. However, I do not post a lot because of how they gang up.. It's an internet form- you're not cool..
    TWO WHITE KNIGHTS??!!! How did we get so lucky... ummm PP feel free to 

• Options
    I understand how you feel! you would like to show your appreciation.. if I had some extra cash - I would too! I have no ideas tho! I just can't believe how rude everyone is... I have been coming to this board since March. However, I do not post a lot because of how they gang up.. It's an internet form- you're not cool..
    That's kind of being a white knight sweetie... I would stomp my feet but they're propped up right now and I don't want to move them... 

So I don't need to tell you to GTFO because you're already leaving?? Good 

• Options
    edited October 2013
    How am I a white knightI am not apologizing for anyone's actions? I am simply saying ganging on someone because their opinion is different- is rude! Take it or leave it. No need to tell me to get the f*ck out because you do not agree. I picture you stomping your feet.. :((

go cry somewhere fucking else! If you say we gang up on people why make yourself out to be an easy target? Are we mean or are you just an over sensitive twat?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"