Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

How to get her in her own bed.

How do you ladies go from co-sleeping to getting them in their own beds? i think its time. Also the doctor suggested i take her off night feedings (breast fed) he also suggested that she should start sleeping threw the night i just think  maybe she would sleep best if not sleeping with me. Lately when i put her to bed she wakes up ever 15 minutes and will not go back to sleep till i pick her up. is there a way i can get her to bed and stay asleep and not need picked up to get back too sleep. thanks in advance.

Re: How to get her in her own bed.

• Options
    It's normal for babies to wake at night to feed. You can't make them STTN. If you want your baby in their own bed,maybe start with naps then once they are used to that start doing overnight. There is nothing wrong with continuing to cosleep or bed share.
  • Options
    I don't know about co-sleeping and stoping but I agree with pp about starting with naps in her own bed and then starting a bedtime routine that's consistent every night that includes her going to sleep in her own bed.  There's a ton of different methods about sleep training, you just need to pick one that works for you and then be consistent. It took a few weeks but my LO will go to sleep from an awake state in his crib on his own, no tears. I never let him CIO either.  Good luck! Be patient and it will work. Just do it when it's right for both of you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OH yeah, and there is nothing to say you can't sleep her in her own bed but if she needs to wake to feed, then feed her of course. However, if you don't feed her to sleep at the beginning of the night, and teach her how to soothe herself to sleep, then if she does wake in the middle of the night, you don't have to re-create the scene. Some babies nurse in the MOTN out of habit and not because they are hungry. But you need to sort of figure out which wakes are for hunger and which are for the need to soothe and that takes time. 

• Options
    It took a few weeks but my LO will go to sleep from an awake state in his crib on his own, no tears. I never let him CIO either. 
    Can you please share how you did this?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AlexisLA said:
    It took a few weeks but my LO will go to sleep from an awake state in his crib on his own, no tears. I never let him CIO either. 
    Can you please share how you did this?
    We have a bedtime routine that is pretty consistent every night. I cuddle him until he's pretty calm and clearly ready for sleep. Then I tell him it's bedtime, see him in the morning etc, I say the same thing every night. I put him down and if he is really geared up I will offer a soother, rub his temple and leave the room. I may have to go in a few times, sometimes to pick him  up to reassure him and burp him again if something is stuck, sometimes just to rub his belly or eyelids and leave again. if I stay,he's far too distracted by my presence. Room is very dark too. And a sleep sheep and he has a muslin security blankie that he grips. I may have to go in a few times and I will let him fuss a bit but never CIO. He got the picture pretty quickly and often times would stop fussing as soon as I left, so you have to experiment really. I am sure it will be different for every baby, what worked for us was trial and error and what I found worked best is if I left! But sometimes you need to stay beside the crib until they fall asleep and work at things pretty slowly. I can tell his cries now, if he needs me, I absolutely go to him but I also try to reassure him that it's OK and he can go to sleep on his own. It didn't take very long and now a days he will just go to sleep on his own unless he has a burp stuck.  Just play around, it will take time and patience but if you are consistent something with will. 

• Options
    p.s. my bedtime routine also includes a bath every night and a story but you can do whatever you want. I mostly  just shared what we do at the very end of the routine.

• Options
    thanks ladies. I feed her at night if she seems hungry. The only reason I no longer want to co-sleep is so that she can get used to her own bed and maybe i can rest better. She has always taken a nap in her crib. we started to bathe everynight at the same time and i feed her solids before her bath my mom suggested it may help. I can get her to sleep in her bed for part of the night she just doesnt wanna stay in her crib all night.
  • Options
    My son was in a bassinet in my room for 3 months.. After that I put him in his crib and he slept 12 hours straight every night since.
  • Options
    I don't know about co-sleeping and stoping but I agree with pp about starting with naps in her own bed and then starting a bedtime routine that's consistent every night that includes her going to sleep in her own bed.  There's a ton of different methods about sleep training, you just need to pick one that works for you and then be consistent. It took a few weeks but my LO will go to sleep from an awake state in his crib on his own, no tears. I never let him CIO either.  Good luck! Be patient and it will work. Just do it when it's right for both of you.
    I am not a fan of CIO either! My daughter is almost 7 months and i am having a hard time getting her to sleep in her crib. Right now she sleeps in a large bassinet next to my bed til about 5-6 then she wakes and wants to come in my bed. We get up for the day by 7 so i dont mind her laying with me for an hr or so but would prefer she be in her crib until 5am not the bassinet. Do you have any tips?
  • Options

LOL just saw you gave someone else tips!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"