December 2011 Moms

Thyroglossal duct cyst?

I asked our pedi about a bump on my daughter's neck that I thought might just be an Adam's apple (guess that should have been a red flag since she's a she!), and she thinks it's one of these.  We're meeting with a surgeon tomorrow about getting it removed.  Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with one.  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thyroglossal duct cyst?

• edited October 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mtb21 said:
    This is crazy because those things are really rare as far as I remember, but DH had one that he had removed about 7 years ago. Did you have any specific questions? It took quite a few doctors to finally get a diagnosis, so you're lucky to have had one who knows what it is! His surgery didn't go that smoothly because they nicked a blood vessel and it started bleeding pretty bad a few hours after, so he was rushed into surgey again. But after that he had no issues. He stayed in the hospital one night and still has a small scar, but it is not very noticeable.

Thank you!  No, no specific questions... just general experience, I guess.  I'm sorry your husband had to have follow-up surgery but am glad to hear everything's okay now.  I'm sure that was scary, though!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How did the meeting go today? I hope the surgeon was able to answer all of your questions and ease your mind a little! 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Thanks for thinking of us, @Ricola!  The surgeon thinks it's a different but similar type of cyst, and he's going to take it out.  He said it's a really quick procedure, only about 20 minutes, but she'll have to go completely under, which makes me nervous.  I'm sure it will be fine, but I'll be happy when it's over!  :) 

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"