Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Car Seats

We were in a car accident and need to buy 3 new convertible seats, for a baby turning 1 in December, a toddler turning 3 in Dec, and a preschooler turning 5 in January. We had a Britax Boulevard and Advocate, and I was very happy with those and may just get something similar. Anything "new" I should look at? We bought our last seats about 3 years ago so I haven't been "on the market" lately. Cost doesn't matter as insurance is reimbursing for most of it.

I don't like Radian--did not like a Radian seat we had before. 

I loved the Chicco Keyfit but we are ready to move to the next level seat now for the baby so I am not re-purchasing that base. 

Thoughts? Recommendations? My older kids are pretty skinny and run about 65th percentile in height. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Car Seats

• Options
    Are the older two FFing? If so, I'd recommend a harness to booster for them, like the Graco Nautilus/Argos or Britax Frontier. We have the Nautilus and are really happy with it.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    blondie42107blondie42107 member
    edited October 2013
    We have the Britax Frontier 70 for ds1 and love it (he's 3). Ds2 is in an inexpensive cosco scenero, rear-facing. We're trying to decide if we should have him continue in this one until age 2 and then get a Britax (70,80 or 90) to carry him until he no longer needs a seat. I'm all about safety but we have tosstay within budget since we have seats in each of our vehicles.

** I was able to snag the Britax Frontier 70 on Amazon for about $135 thanks to a random discount they offered and I got free shipping. They are running $199 at BRU.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Assuming your two oldest are FFing I would get the Britax Fronteir. 90. It's the newest seat and it makes a seat install really easy. They are both harnessed. If your oldest is no longer harnessed I would go with just a HBB (not as similar with those)

With your youngest I would go with a Chicco nextfit since you mentioned that you liked the chicco keyfit. I love Britax convertibles but they are not as long lasting.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS1 is in the Graco MyRide 65. We like it, though it's fairly big.

• Options
    I'd do the Graco MySize (Size4Me or Headwise) for the younger two. I love ours. My 3 yo is still rfing in it with room to grow.

If you want to keep your older child harnessed, the Britax Frontier is supposed to be a great seat with a good booster fit later.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    I've heard great things about the Clerk Floonf.  If you are rf your older kids it has a taller shell so you are able to rf longer.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I just moved my almost 2.5 year old to a Graco Natulius. Great value for the money, easy to put together, light weight enough that I can move it easily if I have to and it installs really easy. My kid also seems super comfortable in it. And I love that I can keep her harnessed for quite some time yet.

Before that we had a Maxi Cosi Priori. Also a good value for the money, simple and easy to install. We're actually using it from Day 1 with Baby 2, so that's why we moved DD out. It is a pretty barebones carseat but my kid liked it all the way from 6 months to shy of 2.5 without issue. I liked that it wasn't a huge space suck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"