LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check In

This is the weekly check in for those who are trying to conceive or in the planning stages.  Newbies welcome!

How are things going this week?

QOTW: If you could pay someone to do something that you currently do yourself, what would it be?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC Check In

• Options
    Good morning everyone!

I am 2dpiui. The u/s before the IUI showed that the follicle was misshaped, indicating that I had probably ovulated shortly before the IUI. Hopefully all the timing was perfect. My last IUI was horrendous. This one was much easier. Now we wait....

On the upside, C and I have developed a plan A, B and C for our next steps if this one doesn't work. I always feel better when there is a plan.

QOTW: I would 100% pay someone to clean our house regularly and do laundry.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options

Hello everyone,

Happy Monday to all! I am 13dpiui. AF is scheduled to make an appearance today, but has not done so yet. Praying she doesn’t show at all! Fingers crossed. We have a drs appt scheduled tomorrow and hoping I get a BFP from them. When we started this process, we decided that we wouldn’t test using a hpt instead wait for the dr to tell us or wait for AF to show. Hoping and praying for the best.

QOTW: I would pay someone to wash, fold, and put up the laundry. I absolutely hate putting up laundry. lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KLeigh1 - Sorry to see about your BFN.  After our last BFN, I made up my mind that each cycle, we will talk about what is next, acting like this one is already a BFN and making a plan to move forward.  It is giving me something to focus on during this TWW.  So, if I end up with a BFP this time, total bonus!  If not, then we will move forward with one of our three plans.  We will keep moving forward until we get our take home baby. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    I'm currently at the RE's clinic waiting in my gown and with an IV in for my hysteroscopy. I was sick last night with what I can only assume was food poisoning. I still don't feel great today. I'm hoping this doesn't all turn into a disaster. I don't want to make a big deal of it because I don't want my procedure cancelled but I also don't want to withhold important information. So when my nurse said my temperature was a bit high I did tell her that I threw up last night.

On the TTC front our big news is that we are hoping to do our fresh embryo transfer (from my eggs--assuming the IVF process works out and my eggs produce embryos) into Manada instead of me. I'm really excited about this possibility.

We have considered it in the past but ruled it out for two reasons-- 1) M feels like after 7 IUIs she's had a chance to get pregnant and I haven't and 2) we didn't think we could afford for M to take a long enough maternity leave at this point.

But in light of some successes with our savings and my own soul-searching, we have decided that this is they way we want to make our family (well at least the first addition to it).

M will have a sono in a couple of weeks and if all is clear in her uterus she will begin birth control and estrace so that her cycle can be synced with my stimming cycle, which we are planning to start in late November.

QOTW: I would have someone take our dog on great outdoor, off leash, adventures at least four days a week.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I started PIO on Saturday and I am pleased to report that it went pretty smoothly! We had a rough time with it during my last FET cycle (though it wasn't too bad during my fresh cycle) so I was a little worried about how it would go this time. I am optimistic though after having two shots go fine this weekend, with very little soreness the next day. We had a dinner party on Saturday night and had to go upstairs in the middle to do the shot because it was too early before people came over and I was afraid if we waited until the end of the night, my wife would have had too much to drink for me to trust her with a needle! :) I also started Endometrin yesterday. It's as gross as ever but no biggie, I guess.

This transfer is actually going to happen! Now if I can just manage to sustain a healthy pregnancy, we could be in business.

QOTW: I think I'd go with landscapers. I hate cleaning the house but I always feel like I'm behind on the yard work -- we can only do it on weekends and if the weather is bad or we have another commitment, there goes another week. I like planting/growing veggies but I really don't get that excited about the rest of the plants -- I want them to look a certain way but I don't want to put any effort into it. And I hate mowing our yard because it's uneven and the back yard is sloped.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options

Started OPK today and if my cycle continues to be pretty regular I should be doing my second IUI on Thursday or Friday.  I am excited to try again!  Time has been flying by because we adopted two kittens who have been keeping us busy between caring for them and protecting them from our two dogs.  Good Luck to those still in the TWW hoping you all get BFP!

QOTW: Like most others I would hire someone to clean my house.  It feels like as soon as it is clean a new mess pops up.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    Hey all. Sorry for the sad news and yay for the good news. I miss you all and can't believe how hard it has been to get on the boards lately. 

As for me, well, I'm CD 25 and still no O yet. I have seen a few positive opks, but have had no temp spike as of yet. I had some pain yesterday, so I am hoping I O'd today or just soon. We did three ICI's last week, and it is looking like none of them will even be around the right time. It is possible one of them may be okay if I O today. We bit the bullet and did one more insemination today after seeing another positive OPK. I just did another opk and got another positive. It's all so confusing with PCOS. If this cycle doesn't take, we are going to pause our efforts for a little while so that I can get more aggressive acupuncture, and we will see an RE. 

This whole process is tough because we don't have many people we can share it with. My acupuncturist has been an amazing support and I don't know what we would do without her. My Mom is a supporter, but she is really sick and was just taking into the critical care unit of the hospital after being home for only 2 days after rehab from neck surgery. 

It has been a stressful few days. 

QOTW: I would hire someone to pay my bills with their money. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    GoaliesWife123 I hope that you did ovulate and got the timing right.  I know how it feels to kind of do it all on your own and feel like you are taking a stab in the dark.  And I hope that your mom is doing better.  Lots of hugs!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    KLeigh1 said:

I do have to say, it is disappointing and we keep trying to figure out why it isn't working. 

There may not be any reason -- I think there is only like a 20% chance per cycle that a woman will get pregnant, and that's with good timing, good sperm, etc.  If you try to figure out why every cycle isn't working, you will drive yourself crazy!  A lot of REs seem to say it generally takes about 3-6 tries, so you are well within the normal range right now.  Hopefully you will have success soon!

I do agree with you and Stacy that it is always comforting to have a plan in place.  My therapist used to tell me not to get too far ahead of myself, but thinking about our next steps always made me feel a little more in control.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    Is it just me or is everyone else shocked that October is over half over?  Where has this year and month gone?  Anyhoo!

I am on day 8 post ici.  We only did one insemination this month.  I am hoping that it was one good shot!  I hate being in the TWW!!  It seems like the 2nd week is so much more hard!  I made the mistake of getting on pinterest and looking up pregnancy and baby stuff.  Ugh, I am obsessed now.  Why do I torture myself?

QOTD:  I would totally pay someone to clean my house and cook my meals.  I love having a clean house, but it always seems like there is something else to do/clean.  Though if I had unlimited money I would pay someone to just hand me my perfect baby, meaning a child that is all mine without having to endure the TTC process, possible difficult pregnancy and delivery.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    Hey all!
    just read thru all the updates, thinking of you all.

nothing much happening except Friday is our WTF appt. for our failed FET and planning what will likely be our last try. We are doing a saline sono for fun, just to make sure nothing is going on in my ute that could be problematic. If I'm honest, I'd tell you I'm not terribly hopeful on this try at all...and sadly my gut feeling is often right. I guess we'll see...transfer is still set for 12/5.

qotw: well, I kinda already do the two I'd say...housecleaner (my former boss' gay husband who is really cheap :) and yard guy (who I negotiated to do both mine and my next door neighbors yard for his minimum price since both are so small). Money can buy a little happiness :).
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options

Sorry about your BFN, @KLeigh1 :( I was rooting for you.  They do say it takes 3-6 tries so hopefully the next one is it!!!  @StacyLH24 FX for you!  It looks like we're in the same 2WW.  I'm thinking of all y'all as you go through your TTC journeys.  It would indeed be nice to just be handed a perfect baby without all this expense and pain, @trisholio.

As for me... I had my second IUI yesterday :) this time around was really, really smooth.  Absolutely no pain at all.  Easier than a pap, actually.  My first time was ROUGH.  My first doctor had no idea what he was doing and it showed.  It's more expensive to go with my current RE but I've quickly learned that you get what you pay for.  Apparently you don't even feel it when you ovulate (which is when you should be getting your IUI anyway) and I didn't feel a thing.  Must have been good timing!  No cramps or anything this time around.  No symptoms of any sort.  I did feel feverish yesterday but I attribute that to my exhausting weekend (which was quite fun - but still) and now I KNOW not to blame anything like that on possibly being pregnant.  C and I are officially NOT riding the crazy-train this 2WW.

Now a gripe because I have an audience: my friend kind of ruined our trip.  She was fighting with her husband - the ENTIRE time.  From 10 pm until 4 am, she was literally screaming at him on the phone outside our hotel room.  DP, our other friend, and I were pissed off about that.  Also, I had to drive up on my own and thus had to drive all the way back in 48 hours (that's a long drive) and yet neither of our two friends offered to share any of the drive.  They napped the whole time instead.  Apparently they're too scared to drive through Chicago.  I asked them what they'd do if we couldn't drive and they said they'd either call their husbands or their dads.  GAH!!!!  Straight women!!!!  Of my age!!!!  They need to learn to NOT DEPEND ON MEN!!!!!  We are ADULTS, God damn it, and we need to ACT LIKE IT!!!  You do NOT need to call someone with a penis to swoop in and save the day!!  Having dangly reproductive parts does not suddenly make you a smarter, more competent adult than another person whose reproductive parts are safely tucked inside her abdomen.  WOMEN ARE CAPABLE OF DRIVING!!!!  Oh, I could've screamed.  There's nothing I hate more than the affected "helplesness" straight girls experience without a Big Strong Man to come and help them out.

Maybe it's just my friends because they're super small-town.  And they have that small-town mentality.  They all live like, 20 minutes from Chicago and yet they're all so scared of it.  We had our friends call us and ask us to drive them to Schaumberg so they could go shopping at Ikea.  They called us because their husbands weren't available to drive them.  Fuck that, seriously.  Get behind the wheel and drive yourselves.

UGH!  /rant

Sorry and thank you.

• Options
    Hey all! We are back!!! It felt weird to be gone for so long but we are super ready to be back here with you all!

We are on CD2 and ready to get this party started again...we have taken 2 months off and we are ready to be back!

C emailed our midwife and we are getting our appointments in order for our next IUI which will have in about 2 weeks!

QOTD: I would pay someone to come into our house and pick up at the end of each day. Load the dishwasher, put away shoes, and pick up clothes off the floor.

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"