Parenting after a Loss

Biting While BFing (4legs)

H bit me for the first time on Saturday and since has gotten me every time he eats. He does it then pauses for a second to see what happens. He just got his upper two teeth in, so he has 4 total now (he is 9.5 months old). I am trying not to react at all but this can't continue without me losing my mind. What do I do?? I am also going to post on the breastfeeding page but was hoping my PAL family had some words of wisdom. We have done so well up to this point, I hate this to be it for us, but I am now all tense and on guard when I feed him, I dread it and that makes me very sad.
Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
#1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
#1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
#1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
#2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Biting While BFing (4legs)

• melly918melly918 member
    edited October 2013
    When he bites, try not to react...I know, it is hard not to! Just disengage him from the nipple with your finger and set him down. He will either ask to get back on your lap or move onto something else. I would give him a minute away from you and then go back to nursing. Be consistent with this and he'll get the idea that biting is a no-no. You can also say "no biting" as you set him down.
    Worked with DS and he rarely bit me after that phase. He had many teeth by the time we stopped at 17 months. DD, on the other hand, has no teeth yet so I'm sure I will be asking for advice soon!! :)
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 4legsRbest4legsRbest member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks ladies! It does seem that it is when he is just about done eating - like he has just gotten bored with nursing, makes total sense! The first time I did yell out (I think the F word slipped, very loudly at that) because it caught me totally off guard, but I have been trying not to since then becuase he smiled at me that time - yikes, not cute. We still nurse to go to sleep and he gets in bed with us at about 4 am and those times is when he seems to do it the most. During the day times he is too distracted/busy to stay on the boob for too long. I think it is a good idea to remove him and cover up if he does it, this is just going to make going to bed take forever. I will see if I remove him if he whines to eat again - I think he may be done, I never considered that.
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"