Single Parents

Questions to ask atty?

I have my first consult tomorrow morning with a family law atty. Any questions you all can suggest I ask? Thanks!

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: Questions to ask atty?

• crap, i just saw this... :( I hope you got a good list.  Or if you haven't gone in yet, ask about supervised visits (if you're planning on letting BD visit LO), if BD were to try to get some custody agreement ask about how to prove that he shouldn't have LO or have limited custody, ask about how the child support laws coincide with visits (some states, if the CS is being paid, the BD has a right to visit LO), if your BD is of a certain ethnicity if that affects the courts decision for certain things (my BD has native american blood, and until he figures out how to use that to his advantage, I have nothing to worry about).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • One good conversation I had with mine waswhabt advice he would give the other side if he was their lawyer. I'll be trying to get child support and since he is not currently paying CS, I want to make sure we are at the head of the line. Turns out my lawyer said he could do some maneuvering so that isn't the case. I also asked about sole decision making and he cleared up for me that that would most likely not happen. It was good just to have him walk through the process with me so I know what to expect.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh yeah, cost, fees, timeline, that sort of thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"