VBAC

Midwives

It seems like most people hire midwives who I've seen had or tryig for VBAC. Is that a personal preference or less OB on board? Has anyone had both if so how does that work? Who is your primary for care?

Re: Midwives

• I had both. The mid wife Was already part of the ob/gyn team. I loved it!! She was def more supportive of a VBAC than the OB. I strongly advise uSing a mw!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• princessyetzprincessyetz member
    edited October 2013
    Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM) must be affiliated with an OB practice and they only deliver in a hospital/birth center setting.  I love my CNMs :)  It really depends on the practice of OB or midwife and also the region you live in.  For example there are more OBs/CNMs who are VBAC friendly in my area, but a friend lives on the east coast and they are not so VBAC friendly so it can be a challenge to find a VBAC friendly doc in those area.  Check to see if you have an ICAN group in your area.  They are usually a good resource to know what docs/midwives are VBAC friendly.

With my most recent child I chose a CNM mainly b/c I loved their philosophy and views surrounding birth.  I ended up needing a c-section so obviously used the OB on call.  She was fantastic!  Midwives do tend toward the philosophy that VBAC is better for mother and baby (depending on personal circumstances of course).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I believe in MW car as the best model for pregnancy, so I support it by going to them for pregnancy and well woman visits. The MW practice I went to for my VBAC has a great VBAC rate in the city I live in, far higher than the OB-centric hospitals.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"