January 2014 Moms
Options

Old Navy sizing and shrinking

What's been your experience with Old Navy maternity sizing and have you had shrinking? I feel like so many of my shirts are already too short and I need a few more items to get me through. I was thinking of picking up some of their long sleeve tees and a couple of their cute sweaters. I noticed the sweaters are 100% cotton, but I do lay out sweaters to dry, so maybe not an issue. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

Re: Old Navy sizing and shrinking

• Options
    I like Old Navy for their t-shirts and tanks, but have had terrible experiences with their sweaters. They seem to lose their shape quickly (dried in dryer or air dried), and pile easily. I recently purchased some long sleeve t-shirts from Target.com and am very pleased with them.

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Options
    Unfortunately you get what you pay for. I do like many of my clothes from there but I tend to use them for business casual or casual clothes. They do shrink if not carefully handled and the quality is not as good as gap. 
                January Siggy Challenge

Praying for our May15 baby!          January 2014- Welcome Sweet Kimber!
    image     image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The maternity sweater I got from there shrunk - not a ton in the torso but the arms a good inch the first time I dried it (and I did low heat). The tanks and shirts I have from there haven't shrunk at all though.
  • Options
    My ON shirts have also shrunk...except for the couple of nursing tops I bought from there, and those are more third tri shirts since I bought them as larges instead of my usual medium. I get most of my maternity clothes from Gap, since none of their clothes shrink.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I have a long torso also, and have found that Targets tops, especially with side ruching, tend to be much longer! Check out their clearance, they have a couple cute long sleeve shirts on sale right now
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bought a bunch of tops for ON during my last pregnancy. I hated all of them, except the t-shirts. This time I bought my shirts from the Gap and love them!! **and they are longer torso**
  • Options
    I've got an incredibly short torso (5'2) and I bought my maternity clothes a size too big that I have from ON...so mine are huge on me! But like I said I bought big and I'm short...so I guess it depends on you.

• Options
    I have found their tops to be TTS, but I don't have any sweaters from them. Bottoms are all over the place there, and I usually size up one size.

• Options
    I have plenty of ON maternity shirts, but they definitely run shorter than other brands, e.g. Gap. It's not a shrinking issue, just how they come.
    imageimage

• Options
    My old navy shirts haven't shrunk at all and I dry them in the dryer. They are and have always been shorter than the T-shirts that I got at Target. But, that's a style difference not shrinkage. I will say that I bought all my maternity shirts a size up (M) from what I wore pre-pregnancy because my boobs grew a lot and a S was almost too tight across my chest when I was barely showing. So I bought all mediums which at the beginning were a little too big, but now that I'm showing and my boobs grew some more fit perfectly. Could the shirts just fit you differently now that you are showing more?
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"