Preemies
Options

Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Video chatting is AMAZING! I skype with friends all the time but just today I realized my laptop has a webcam. So Baby Girl and I spent the day video chatting with people. It solves the problem of people wanting to see her and talk to her but me not wanting them near her. I know a lot of you have voiced concern over families, germs and your preemies. This would be a great way to say hi to everyone on Christmas and them getting to see the baby without worrying about exposing them to all that handling. I'm sure many of you have thought of this but I know with all my concerns and time in the NICU for some reason video chatting totally slipped from my mind.

January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails:

imageimage
  imageimage

Re: Why didn't I think of this sooner?

• Options
    We totally did this over Christmas last year --  my dad was sick and couldn't come into visit -- nor could my siblings who were staying at the germ-infested house! Our NICU had a no cell phone policy, but they didn't put up too much of a stink if we used iPads with the Wifi. 
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Glad to hear it's working for you! Anna loves to Skype with her grandparents across the pond.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Skype and FaceTime are wonderful! We have a 10 year old DD that isn't allowed in the NICU and we were able to FaceTime with her so she could see her brothers for the first time. I'm glad you have found it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"