Dads & Dads-to-be

Five Things Friday

@ColtsDad must still be stinging from his team getting thrashed on Monday Night to the brilliant Chargers. So I'm gonna steal his schtick.

1) Recommend one piece of media, old or new, to the class. Song, book, movie... either something you have enjoyed recently or consider an all time favorite.

2) What was the highlight of your week? If there were no highlights, what was the lowlight?

3) Is it feeling like Fall where you live yet? Have you done any fall activities with your kid or do you have any you are looking forward to? Does the pending time change next month piss you off as much as it annoys me?

4) Weekend Plans?

5) Wild Card!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
-My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.

Re: Five Things Friday

• 1.  "Exhilarate" by Born of Osiris
    I'm loving their new album.

2.  My highlight was seeing game 4 of the ALCS in person.  And luckily I picked the one game out of the three that the Tigers actually won.  

3.  It's definitely fall here.  40's at night, low 60's during the day.  Leaves are changing.  We took LO to the cider mill for the first time last weekend.  He slept the whole time.  

I really fucking hate time changes but I find fall back to be a lot easier to manage than spring forward.

4.  We're going to a Halloween Party on Saturday.  MIL is watching the little guy so we're getting drunk.  I may even try to put the moves on DW since she was recently cleared for sexual activity.  She's wanting to put it off until the IUD is in on Tuesday.  We'll see.

5.  I'm about to start a hybrid P90X/Insanity program but it's been so hard recently trying to eat better.  I really like to drink during October-December.  I know that I have to cut down because of the calories but still, it's tough.  Whiskey sours taste so good around a bonfire.

• 1) The Princess Bride.  Love that movie.

2) My highlight was going to the Great American Beer Festival last Saturday with my wife, son and parents.  It was a good time even considering the fact that the little guy had a blowout that sent poop up to his neck.  So he got a souvenir because I bought him a onesie at the festival.

3) We are planning on going to a pumpkin patch this weekend.  The time change doesn't really bother me that much.  Although it will be dark when I leave for work and get home.  That will suck.  This year a 24 hour gaming charity event that I do every year falls on Nov 2nd so it is a 25 hour event this year.

4) Homebrew club meeting, game night with some friends, pumpkin patch, brew some beer.

5) I am burned out on work and school.  I can't wait until December 2014 when I am done with school.

• Loading the player...
  • 1) Recommend one piece of media, old or new, to the class. Song, book, movie... either something you have enjoyed recently or consider an all time favorite: I love Sloop John B by the Beach BoysI also love Hang on Sloopy, OSU's Band's score song.

2) What was the highlight of your week? If there were no highlights, what was the lowlight?  Getting my CPAP on Thursday.  Hopefully I will adjust quickly and get better sleep.

3) Is it feeling like Fall where you live yet? Have you done any fall activities with your kid or do you have any you are looking forward to? Does the pending time change next month piss you off as much as it annoys me? Went to two farms again this year.  One is very cheap but they have bouncy toys while the other has a lot of activities but has an entrance fee.  I don't mind the time change, I am use to going to work when it is dark and getting home when it is dark.

4) Weekend Plans? Wife works half days this weekend so I get to take care of my son.  We have her BFF since kindergarten for a play date with her 1 year old.

5) Wild Card! Have a busy weekend next weekend.  Have a chili cook off at work on Friday followed by a birthday party that starts at 5:30 an hour away from work.  On Saturday get to babysit my SIL (she's 11) while handing out Halloween candy at IL's.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Prime, that is why I haven't started my MBA.  Working is taxing enough since I go in at 7 and usually don't leave until 5:15 to 5:30 most days.

Doesn't help that I started my engineering degree back in 1997 part time while working full time and finished in 2005 where at times I was working full time and school full time.

Hang in there, the end of 2014 is not that far off and it will be worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @ColtsDad must still be stinging from his team getting thrashed on Monday Night to the brilliant Chargers. So I'm gonna steal his schtick.

Nope, not reeling... physically hurting.  I posted elsewhere about it.

1) Recommend one piece of media, old or new, to the class. Song, book, movie... either something you have enjoyed recently or consider an all time favorite.

Not going too deep cut for you, but Metallica's "Master of Puppets"

2) What was the highlight of your week? If there were no highlights, what was the lowlight?

Highlight was beginning of week when we were finally starting to sink into some sort of semblance of a schedule after all the early part of the month chaos... lowlight was that was all gone by the end of the week.

3) Is it feeling like Fall where you live yet? Have you done any fall activities with your kid or do you have any you are looking forward to? Does the pending time change next month piss you off as much as it annoys me?

Yes, we have highs in the 50s and 60s and I think they mentioned a chance for snow flurries late this week.  With my now limited mobility/lifting ability, we may not get to do the pumpkin patch like we have done in years past, but I'm sure we will Trick or Treat at least a little.  I don't mind falling back, I like the extra hour of sleep... it is the spring ahead that is a bitch.

4) Weekend Plans?

They went up in smoke Friday night.

5) Wild Card!

See my post on how I hate this October.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"