LGBT Parenting
Options

A day in the life--my clinic story today

healz413healz413 member
edited October 2013 in LGBT Parenting
I think we may need to collect a book of stories of the things we never thought we'd do but do because of the in/fertility process.

My story from today is that I taught my tutorial with soaking wet underwear and a large (but invisible--thank you dark jeans) wet spot in the crotch of my pants.

Why you might ask? Because I had my repeat sono today and afterwards the saline solution pouring out of me was more than the pad they gave me could handle and I didn't have time to go home before my tutorial.

The good news was that it was not excruciating this time. (I guess not having two blocked tubes inflate to try to let the saline pass made a huge difference).

The bad news is that I need another hysteroscopy to remove the two polyps they discovered. Luckily since I'm on birth control, this could be scheduled for Monday so I don't have to wait for my next cycle.

Argh. Thankfully this is covered by insurance and I get conscious sedation.
****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: A day in the life--my clinic story today

• Options
    Oh no! Well, at least this one wasn't painful! I don't have a story that good, but does anyone else have a wife (or, ahem, do YOU) take a few of the free tampons with you on the way out? Fertility treatments turned my wife into a tampon thief/hoarder. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh @healz413...the same thing happened to me.  Except I wasn't wearing dark jeans.  It was a small enough amount and between my legs enough that I didn't have to go home and change, but I did have to do some blotting in the restroom at work.  And I felt damp all day.  I don't know about other women, but I'm pretty sure nothing short of an adult diaper would make me feel secure going to work after a sono.  And I'm sorry about the polyps. :(

@ATXMommas, your wife cracks me up!  Personally I like the tampons I buy at the store better than the ones at the clinic. :)
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, all!
    @herbabymama I had three polyps removed at my last hysteroscopy. These ones apparently grew since then. (Awesome, huh?)

The plan has been to transfer to me but over the last few days I've been talking to M about us transferring into her. I think it would be an awesome way to bring us our first baby and start to make our family. And we have been able to save up enough money that I think we could afford a longer maternity leave for M, which was one of our major concerns.
    M is doing thinking and soul searching. If we decide to transfer into her, we will to a sono in a couple weeks to make sure her uterus is looking good.
    I need my polyps out anyway though because there is a chance (very small) that they could be precancerous so I need them out so they can be biopsied.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"