December 2013 Moms
Options

Pain around old surgery incisions

edited October 2013 in December 2013 Moms
I had my gallbladder removed 5 years ago and where one of the incisions was made on my upper abdomen has been so painful the last few days. First it only hurt when LO had his/her foot there, but now it hurts all the time. I know it's just my belly growing and is nothing to worry about, but wondered if anyone else was having any pain around old surgery incisions on your belly? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image   image

Re: Pain around old surgery incisions

• Options
    I had the same surgery with no pain at the laproscopic sites... However, I do have tonnnns of pain around my belly button, (where they pulled the gallbladder out through,) but never connected the two.  I'd definitely as your doctor about it next visit.

I also have a cyst in my abdomen, and one in my uterus... Not sure if you have anything similar going on, but I know as I've been growing those areas have also been tender.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Options
    ugh I can imagine that's so uncomfortable - my little belly button ring hole is unbearable these days. A surgery site must be rough : (

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes...I had my gallbladder removed almost 2 years ago and my incisions hurt every now and then. I think it's the scar tissue on the inside. It's mostly the one below my right breast that hurts. It sucks because sometimes it's a sharp stabbing pain.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
  • Options
    I get some pain at the incision site from my tubal reversal surgery. Also my bump is funny-shaped there; I'm guessing scar tissue doesn't stretch like normal tissue.

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yes...I had my gallbladder removed almost 2 years ago and my incisions hurt every now and then. I think it's the scar tissue on the inside. It's mostly the one below my right breast that hurts. It sucks because sometimes it's a sharp stabbing pain.
    This is exactly how it feels now and felt even before I got pregnant.
    image   image
  • Options
    I have had 2 laparoscopic surgeries and have noticed my scars hurting sometimes. The belly button is the worst. However, most of the time they itch. Lol

I've had my appendix and gallbladder out, but haven't felt any pain around my incision locations. Yet. Haha. It's just scar tissue on the inside and outside pulling and that can cause some pain.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I totally know where you're coming from. I had 4 major surgeries and a newborn. I get the pulling stinging pain every so often before pregnancy but now that I'm further along it's all of the time. Ice packs help for me and massage.
  • Options
    ecsykes said:

I totally know where you're coming from. I had 4 major surgeries and a newborn. I get the pulling stinging pain every so often before pregnancy but now that I'm further along it's all of the time. Ice packs help for me and massage.

As a newborn *
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"