Secondary IF

DH and appointments

Does your DH go to appts with you?  DH didn't go yesterday since we knew it was just my consult and blood work, but they did order a SA for him.  His boss makes taking time off difficult, so we try and minimize it when possible.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
DD born 8/9/10
TTC #2 since 8/2012
CP 12/2012
dx MFI 10/2013
Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

Re: DH and appointments

• He did for the first few appts. most of them happened to fall during times he was off anyway, so he only had to leave work early a couple times - once was to drop a sample, so that was essential. 

Now that I'm starting IVF, he likely won't go to another appt. until it's time for him to drop his sample which is the day of retrieval- so he needs to be there anyway, because they don't want me to drive. I'm not sure if he will make it there for a transfer :( It's going to depend on his schedule. It's hard for him to get out of work this time of year. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH has made it to the important ones.  When I had blood work, and most of my ultrasounds I told him he didn't have to go.   He always asks if I need/want him to go.  He was worried about me going to the HSG one alone, but I told him I would be fine.  There isn't much he can do at these appointments.  He does go to all consults though. I mostly want him there so he can hear stuff first hand. 

• Loading the player...
  • Mine doesn't go for all of them just the important ones and I agree with PP - I want him to hear it first hand. Only because I'm on hormones and I'm crazy.

Although, I wish he had been there for my HSG. If not just to hold my hand or for me to see his face first. That test was traumatic for me. I usually tell him I don't need for him to go and then it turns out he should've been there.

Either way, if he can go, I take him with me. He's my best cheering squad. And I need it!!!

Don't hump it, Love it! 

Happily married since Feb 2010, Sweet DD born Oct 2010, 39 years old, blocked tube, low . 09 AMH and high 21 FSH

It's not him, it's me!

September 2013 failed IUI - left blocked tube

November 2013 IVF - premature ovulation converted to IUI 

December 2013 "We were <are> on a break!!!" ~ Friends homage

November 2013 protocol: Menopur, Gonal-f RFF Pen 900, Ganirelix 250mcg, baby Asprin, Gonal-f RFF Pen 300, Z Pak, Novarel, Progestrone in Sesame Oil

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"