May 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

Come on, it's so dead in here there's an echo.

Working with animals for so many years, I frequently find myself judging people who don't get their animals spayed or neutered.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• Options

zoeygirl1105 said:

This isn't a FFC but I don't think I'm going to post here much anymore if it all. 

BOO! :-q

• Options
    My FFFC: We had to cancel Sophia's 15 month appt because of switching insurance. My husband keeps forgetting to reschedule it and I am not taking the reigns or harping on it because I'll be the one to have to take her. The office is a bit of a drive and in the opposite direction of my job and frankly I don't feel like doing the extra driving right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    littleredfishlittleredfish member
    edited October 2013

We FF. We started at about 14 months. Our car seat was fine but DD was not. From 10 months she started screaming her head off every time we put her in the seat and wouldn't stop for the entire trip. She'd get very car sick and vomit everywhere, every time. Our pedi recommended gravol which only helped the vomiting but not the screaming.

It was so bad I refused to drive with her in the car because the constant screaming (I'm not talking crying, I seriously mean screaming) I always felt like I was going to crash from lack of ability to concentrate. DH had to drive for short distances, she had to stay home, or more often than not I would take the bus to avoid driving if it was just her and I. That's how bad it was. We tried mirrors, toys, music, nothing helped so we tried FF and no more screaming. For us it was the safer option because being in a car with somebody screaming bloody murder just put our nerves so much on edge we were bound to cause an accident ourselves. That was our choice and it works for us.

• Options
    I hate that I always have to sign in it makes it so much harder !!

Zoey why are you leaving?

My fffc: my oldest is driving my crazy 9 is a hard age! I look forward to school and dread him coming home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

We FF. We started at about 14 months. Our car seat was fine but DD was not. From 10 months she started screaming her head off every time we put her in the seat and wouldn't stop for the entire trip. She'd get very car sick and vomit everywhere, every time. Our pedi recommended gravol which only helped the vomiting but not the screaming.

It was so bad I refused to drive with her in the car because the constant screaming (I'm not talking crying, I seriously mean screaming) I always felt like I was going to crash from lack of ability to concentrate. DH had to drive for short distances, she had to stay home, or more often than not I would take the bus to avoid driving if it was just her and I. That's how bad it was. We tried mirrors, toys, music, nothing helped so we tried FF and no more screaming. For us it was the safer option because being in a car with somebody screaming bloody murder just put our nerves so much on edge we were bound to cause an accident ourselves. That was our choice and it works for us.

We are also FF for the same reason. We tried Gravol, motion sickness bands, ginger and nothing helped. We turned her seat and she hasn't gotten sick once. I agree littleredfish, driving with someone screaming like that is dangerous. I wouldn't go anywhere I couldn't walk to with her because it was total torture for her.
  • Options
    bellelamb said:

My fffc: my oldest is driving my crazy 9 is a hard age! I look forward to school and dread him coming home.

My boys were absolute terrors from 8 to 10. It gets better. I remember feeling the same way. Big hugs
    Tara
  • Options

bellelamb said:

My boys were absolute terrors from 8 to 10. It gets better. I remember feeling the same way. Big hugs
    Thanks I needed to hear that :) I'm glad I'm not crazy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"