Pre-School and Daycare
Options

solo play dates

When do you feel comfortable allowing your LO to have a play date without you? DD has never had one, but one of her friend's moms has suggested I bring her to her house and drop her off. I did go to their house once and stayed with her, but I'm not sure if I know them well enough yet to drop her off. I've known the mom for a few months, and we see each other at school and at birthday parties, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: solo play dates

• Options
    Since preschool at age 3. My oldest started having solo play dates with a couple of his new preschool friends then. My middle son started a little older, but that is because he did not make friends as easily, so he was 5. He is really shy. And my youngest started at 3 as well. While I prefer to hang out and chat with the moms it is not always possible! We moved 16 months ago, and away from family... Thankfully we have met some awesome families!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I was also wondering how much you get to know the parents before you leave your LO with them. What criteria do you use to make sure you are comfortable?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is 5.5 and he's only ever had one solo play date. He stayed with a friend of mine and her daughter when he was 3.5 and we were moving.

• Options
    We've only done it a few times with neighbors. 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Criteria??? He is going over for a couple of hours... I would assume that if he likes his friend and his mom is nice enough, they will be fine. We exchange cell numbers, and we set an end time. I typically ask/tell about any allergies and if they are afraid of dogs since we have one.

My oldest had a new friend over yesterday, I have talked to his mom a couple of times.. But I don't know her. The kids did great!

I think you are overthinking this ; )
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    I would be okay with it depending on the friend. I have 2 or 3 friends that we get together with regularly who I'd be comfortable dropping DS off with. With newer people I probably won't feel comfortable until he's 6 or so maybe?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"