C-sections

got my c-section scheduled

I am having a repeat c-section and today the doctor gave me the date of Nov 26th. I worry a bit since its only 3 days before my EDD, but I also like the idea of LO cooking as long as possible (since my hospital is 45min away I have always worried about going into labor prior and making it on time).
Its nice to have that date set. I know I can go into labor prior, but at least i know that the 26th is the furthest I will have to go. I still find myself worried about the whole process even though I went through it with my first. I guess I had no time to really dwell on it with my first since it was an emergency c-section due to a failed induction...they took me right away when DS was starting to react poorly to the induction. Now I have all this time to sit and think. Even with the worry about the whole procedure I still feel the most comfortable going this route then attempting a vbac. I had 3 docs at the practice hint that I shouldn't attempt it considering how my first pregnancy went. They are supportive and would had supported the vbac but they didn't seem overly thrilled about the idea. My LO is breach, and how she is sitting they are not really sure she will turn (although I will only be 34wks tomorrow so she has time).
I think my nerves are getting the better of me; too much time to think about it all. I should just remember that I recovered very well after my first and that was after a very stressful 36hrs of labor. I am not a stranger to this, but the idea of surgery is always going to make me worry.

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
          Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
Lilypie - (bLG7)

Re: got my c-section scheduled

• Good luck, I hope everything goes ok! Mine is tentatively Nov. 29th. It will be my first c-section so I have no clue what to expect, but I'm with you, it's surgery and that it enough to freak me out!
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• My RCS is scheduled for 1/15 which is exactly 2 weeks before my EDD which makes me a little worried that I will only be 38wks but Dr. must have a good reason.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an emergency c section with my first baby and let me tell you I had no time to think about it since I was already having contractions and was realllllly ready to get the baby out! Haha but i never had surgery EVER before that and I promise it's not bad. Just close your eyes when you go in the room so you don't see the tools they use! Good luck!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"