C-sections
Options

5 weeks post C. Not recovering like my first

Not sure if this is because I have a very active 18 month old and really haven't been able to lay around and rest like I did the first C but I am 5 weeks post C and still have bleeding. With my first the bleeding was done fairly quickly....like 2 weeks. I had some bleeding which went to no vbleeding with tiny clots then nothing.....then a week went by and I'm back to bleeding. Not a lot but enough I am back to wearing pads. Did I just over do it and so I screwed healing up? Or should I be concerned? I have my 6 week PP apt with my dr Tuesday but thought I would ask you gals for your thoughts. Thanks!
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: 5 weeks post C. Not recovering like my first

• Options
    I'm in the same boat as you and still bleeding. I also bled to 8 weeks with my first. My doc wasn't worried as long as it isn't filling a whole pad an hour. It sucks and having such a young toddler to lift everywhere doesn't help but we're almost fully recovered!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    With all 3 c section I had on and off bleeding until 8 weeks. I think you got lucky with your first.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doc told me that just like each pregnancy is different, so is each c/s recovery. Don't compare them too much. My second was also a longer/harder recovery. I attribute it to a few reasons... 1. I was a little older.
    2. My first was in the NICU so I had way more down time in the hospital which really helped me heal faster. 3. I was chasing a 3 yr old and kept overdoing it. 4. I was moderately anemic.

I bled for a long time with #2. Like at least 7-8 weeks. Mostly light but occasional heavy when I overdid it. Also my doc told me to keep taking Motrin daily to help with the inflammation and to make my scar "prettier.". No idea if the pretty scar thing is true or she was just appealing to my vanity. But the Motrin did help. I could tell a difference when I skipped it.

• Options
    I just had my 2nd csection 8 weeks ago. I only bled a few days but the pain has been lasting longer. It was gone at 6 weeks then I went for a run and I've had pain around my incision ever since. I also blame it on chasing a toddler. I don't think I've healed as much as I should have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    Did the same Dr perform both sections? I think some drs clean out the uterus better than others.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    After my first, I was up walking around the mall and grocery shopping 3days pp, but after my second, it was weeks before I could do those things. It was so much more painful and bleeding stopped and restarted which was different...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was just going to post the same question lol. This was my third c section and I'm almost four weeks post op and still bleeding. It was never like this with the first two but, then again, I'm older and have two other kids to chase after as well. It just really sucks ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"