Special Needs
Options

PSA: Always read your medication paperwork

I was on zoloft for a year.  I went to pain management and told my doctor I was taking zoloft.  One of the medications he prescribed me was Tramadol.

I weaned off zoloft.  And recently started it again.  My doctor knows that one of the medications I have prescribed to me is tramadol.

I filled all these prescriptions at the same pharmacy.

I got it filled and was reading the paperwork.  It clearly states to never combine the drugs because of it can lead to seizures and serotonin syndrome, which can be fatal.

Nice.
To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: PSA: Always read your medication paperwork

• Options
    I've worked in a pharmacy for 12 years, the computers are programmed to automatically stop us from filling meds that are extreme interactions.  They are called DUR rejects, hard stop and soft stop.  A soft stop we can override at data entry, a hard stop the pharmacist has too.  I've honestly never seen a DUR for tramadol and zoloft.  
    I'd surely be making some calls to the dr and pharmacist though.  GL
    DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"