Intro and desperate question about IUI — The Bump
TTC after 35

Intro and desperate question about IUI

Hi All.  I've been lurking here for quite a while so when H and I made the decision to move forward with IUI this month I finally created an account to come out of lurking and join the discussion here.  I didn't know I'd have to wait a couple of days to introduce myself to this board!!  I'm sure it cuts back on the drive-by BFP's so I get it:)  I feel bad just question vomiting all over this board before I've made a proper introduction.  Please forgive me and I'll have better manners in the future...I promise.  

Me: 38
H: 42
One son. Born 2011 with medicated IUI.  1st round.  Very, very lucky.

We've decided to move forward with IUI and I was scheduled for an IUI on the 18th.  After my u/s this morning, my biggest follicle is only 17.  They want to wait and push back the trigger/IUI by one day so, ideally, I would trigger on Saturday night and IUI on Sunday.  Here's the problem:  I'm scheduled to fly out on Saturday morning for a very important business meeting on Saturday evening and then again on Sunday and Monday morning. Weird time for a meeting, I know but I'm on their schedule, not mine (Background...we own a small business and this is a meeting with a major retailer and their merchandisers/buyers to be placed in their stores.  Not exactly the kind of thing you want to reschedule).  Coincidentally, my H is also flying out for a work meeting on Saturday morning.  He'll be gone for the entire week.   

Everything was so textbook the first IUI it never occurred to me that I wouldn't be ready to go...

So, my RE is saying it isn't "ideal" but we could trigger late Friday night then IUI at 5:30am Saturday morning before I catch my flight.  The other moving piece to this crazy puzzle is that my niece is flying from a completely separate location to meet me so she can help care for my son.  She received permission from her boarding school to do this trip and will be receiving credit for her entrepreneurship class because she will help me with financials/presentation/etc...I've also arranged for her to shadow one of their buyers for half a day on Monday.

I HATED Clomid this round and never want to be on it again.  I feel like I will be wasting a perfectly good fertility treatment/cycle if I don't do it at an ideal time with lining/follicle size.  However, my business is my other "baby" and there is no way to reschedule any of this delicately.  I need to make a decision ASAP and am completely torn as to what to do.  

Any opinions will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Intro and desperate question about IUI

  • Wow ..... well sounds like you have two options

    1. Do the IUI when the Dr. suggested ( Saturday morning)

    2.  Don't do the IUI and try to do TI instead  ( since you are just using Clomid it stinks but not wasting money like an injection cycle would be)

    Since your husband will be out on Sunday looks like option 1 makes the most sense. 
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

    Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

     IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!



    image 

  • Thanks ladies.  After a night of tossing and turning, I've decided to just move forward and do the IUI before my flight.  We actually tried to reschedule flights...to fly back and forth on the same day and other such craziness....none of it made sense and the stress would probably prevent anything from wanting to stick around anyway.

    I hope we can all get to know one another now that I have actually come out from lurking. 
  • Loading the player...
  • good luck!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

    Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

     IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!



    image 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards