Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

XP: Beco, Boba or Ergo?

Which would you choose and why? I am trying to decide which one to buy to use with my 8 month old. Thanks!
DD 1 - Aug. 2010
DD 2 - Jan. 2013
Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

Re: XP: Beco, Boba or Ergo?

• Options
    I have the Becco Soleil and absolutely love it. I have tried the ergo and didn't like it at all. The straps always felt like they were going to fall off my shoulders . I haven't tried the Boba so I can't compare . My favorite things about the Becco Soleil are that the straps can cross which make it feel more secure to me. I love the little cell phone pocket and toy loops. I also purchased the carry all bag which is great for short trips since it attaches to the carrier. My sons almost two and my youngest is three months and I can carry both very comfortably . It's super easy to use and clean . I have had to clean it twice now do to baby puke and haven't had any issues ( I hand wash it right now ) .
  • Options
    I have a becco gemeni and still sometimes use it for my toddler. However, I would prefer something like the soleil for an older child because it has more coverage. I do agree that the crossing the straps in the back makes a big difference for comfort. 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can a child he forward facing in a Beco?
  • Options
    I have a boba 3G and love it! It comes up higher than the ergo so is better for an older/ bigger baby. It also has a strap on the shoulder to hold any bag strap. It comes with feet holders for toddlers so their legs don't dangle (I haven't used this part yet). I would see if you have a local store or baby wearing group where you can try on different carriers with your baby to see what is the most comfortable for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like the Boba 3G over the ergo. Haven't seen the beco IRL. But for an 8 months old I would suggest go straight to a toddler carrier. DD outgrew her bjorn around 8 months, so I got her an Action Baby toddler carrier. I tried on the Boba and the seat was smaller than I wanted with not much room to grow at all. The ABC toddler has tons of room to grow but fit her well from the start. I got it when she was 9 months old, she's 85th percentile in height and length.
  • Options
    I've used all three and would pick the Gemini hands down. The fabric is soft, the straps are not over padded, baby has four positions and I can do them all on my own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had an Ergo for two years and my kids hated it.  It was also very difficult to put on.  You have to buckle the back strap and it is very difficult.  I finally sold it for a Beco Gemini and let me tell you, this carrier is the bomb.  You can wear it front facing, outfacing, on your back or on the side.  It is super easy to put on too.  You can criss cross the straps, eliminating the need to buckle the back and the fabric is softer.  The Ergo was so stiff and I also felt as if the straps were falling off my shoulders.
    So hands down the Beco Gemini.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"