2nd Trimester
Options

Drinking Water

All this water is making me sick....what else do you drink? 
Im not much of a water drinker (i know its terrible) but when preggo i try to drink mostly water BUT its making me sick literally....i just think its to much for me. What other things do you drink that arent terrible?? 

Re: Drinking Water

• Options
    have you tried crystal light? or flavoring your water with different things like cucumbers?
  • Options
    i do use crystal light here and there just careful b/c of the aspartame...its always something isnt it haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gatorade, Fanta, Lemonade.  Sure, these have plenty of sugar...but its all in moderation.  I completely understand...water can get pretty boring.
  • Options
    You could add a splash of juice and/or sprite.  Warm or ice tea.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    If I need to change it up, I drink flavored seltzer water. If I'm craving soda or something sweet, I mix a little juice or lemonade in. 
  • Options
    Drink some sobe water or vitamin water to break it up. That's what I started doing I can't just drink straight water all the time it gets blah!!! Especially since I cut all soda and I can't drink milk it makes me sick... So water it ALL!
  • Options

Yes!  I have to force water down daily.  I still drink a pop every morning (gasp!) and drink a lot of milk.

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I drink chamomile when I need something different. I occasionally squeeze a wedge of lemon, lime or even an orange in my water (I may hove to try the cucumber now that someone has mentioned it. For a treat sometimes I like to pick up a milk bubble tea with tapioca balls :D.
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • Options
    When I was in the first trimester and water was making me nauseous, I was advised to drink Pedialyte to stay hydrated. I don't still drink it as water seems to be fine now, but it was a good go-to for a while.
    3 early losses in 2013, but so thankful that our first baby boy is due 3/29/14! <3

Maximilian Hunt
    Born 3/19/14  //  7lbs 7oz  // 20.25in
  • Options
    ::Lurking from 1st trimester::

Lipton has some single tea packets like Crystal Lite; however, the Lipton teas are not made with aspartame.  I used to drink Crystal Lite as that was the only way I could get water in, but I switched as soon as I found these.  They even have Decaf flavors. 

Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    I loved True Lemon and True Lime packets when water was grossing me out. They add just a little something so that the water isn't so blah. Now that I'm a little further along, though, I drink ice cold water and it works. I am SO thirsty, all the time. 
  • Options
    I have a hard time with water too because I am not a water drinking!  But do pretty good now that I am pregnant!   I drink Gatorade when I am sick of water!
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• Options
    I drink iced peppermint tea when water starts making me feel queasy.  The peppermint helps with nausea, it's not caffeinated, and it doesn't have sugar.  Anything with artificial sweetener makes me sick.  And sweets have been bothering me, too, this pregnancy.
  • Options
    I drink sparkling water (sometimes adding a splash of juice), milk or tea. Flat water is borrrrring!
  • Options
    Same here I've tried to add lemon, oranges or cucumber to it but it too eventually made me sick so I try a lot of Gatorade I like the 'frost' series it's not as sweet at the others. I really like lemonade and cranberry juice. I've tried crystal light but I don't really like it. Iced green tea is good too

Lilypie - (MlIp)

• Options
    Drink a soda. You'll live.
  • Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with water issues. I use Lipton cold brew and sometimes lemon but I drink a lot of milk and sometimes a little
    Orange juice.
  • Options
    I drink a lot of pregnancy tea and red raspberry tea. My midwife said if its not caffeinated it is the same as a glass of water. Lots of juice, too. Staying away from white sugar is best, but I had the most amazing draft root beer last night;) I just try to drink 8 glasses of something Vitamin C is essential for your amniotic sac. It keeps the membrane strong to reduce premature rupturing. 
  • Options
    Straight water makes me vomit. I've resorted to drinking sweet tea, lemonade, etc. I still can't drink more than 6-8 cups a day before I start throwing up. It's unfortunate.
  • Options

I realized that I was drinking way too much lemonade (it's really the only thing I crave once/day), but all that extra sugar makes me even more thirsty. So now I get a pint glass and fill it halfway with ice and then half lemonade/half water. I still satisfy my craving for lemonade with half the sugar.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Crystal light, orangeade (orange juice, water, and a little splenda), hot/ice tea and water.
    *Shaw*  
    Mommy to 4 kiddos and #5 on the way in March 2014

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"