One & Done: Only child
Options

Getting in the Halloween Spirit

I use DS being an only as an excuse to totally get into the halloween spirit, after all more fun when you have someone to dress up with. I drag DH along as well and we wear a costume to give out treats and take him treat or treating. DS LOVES this. This year was funny though for the first time I went with individual costumes as opposed to a "group" theme as we have done in the past, figuring an 8 year old may not be as much into matching his parents. To my surprise he said he still likes it when we are a group! There is always next year but to be honest I was looking for an excuse to be a hollywood diva instead of dressing up as star wars villian! Anyone else enjoy the halloween fun?

Re: Getting in the Halloween Spirit

• Options
    That's cute that he likes the matching costumes. I see ideas all over Pinterest. I want to try something, but every year I put it off.

This year DD is refusing to wear her costume. I'm bummed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    I LOVE Halloween!  I was so, so excited when I realized it would be DD's first holiday :) My mom sewed our costumes every year, so I'm trying to start that tradition too.  This year she'll be a piece of candy corn; I just traced the outline of one of her sleep sacks and got some fleece.  A little knit white hat, and she'll be the cutest little piece of candy ever.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love the Candy Corn idea. That is so cute!!! DS first halloween we went as 2 farmers and DS was the pumpkin. DS refused to wear his costume as well around the age of 2 so I bribed him with chocolate. That year we were zookeepers and a lion. Also wondering what if the family Sofia...I am getting out of touch :).
  • Options
    I'm also curious about Sofia!  Is that something I'll learn about when LO gets older, like Abby Cadabby (who was so not around when I was hangin' out on Sesame Street, ha)?
  • Options
    My poor child. I am not really a fan of Halloween. It puts together all the things that make me uncomfortable: dressing up (ie: drawing attention to oneself), crowds, knocking on strangers doors, people or things intended to scare you. I'm not actually big on holidays in general -- the decorating just for the sake of decorating only to have to clean it all up a few weeks later, the large family gatherings... Yeah.

But dh is into all of that, so it does happen. DS is like me abut crowds, but I know it's an experience so we try it every year, if only for a few houses. He also isn't really into dressing up. My mom made all of my costumes growing up, and now she's making ds's. And they all come with some sort of head piece that we have to bribe him to put on, lol. It is sweet that she's making them; she just tends to not hear my suggestions and does her own thing. I honestly don't see myself ever dressing up though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son is going to be sulley from monsters inc he is already practicing his roar lol. I have to admit in the past I was never really into it because my family was super religious and we didn't celebrate Halloween. But now that I have my own family i think Halloween is fun and I have to say I'm getting a lil addicted:) We didn't go all out this year for financial reasons but next year it on can't wait!
  • Options

Sofia = Sofia the First on Disney Junior :)

DD is going as Sofia. I bought the overpriced costume at the Disney Store, and she loves it, so it was worth the money. Her birthday party in February will also be Sofia themed, so she'll wear it again. DH and I aren't dressing up this year. I guess I should have thought about that!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options

Sofia = Sofia the First on Disney Junior :)

DD is going as Sofia. I bought the overpriced costume at the Disney Store, and she loves it, so it was worth the money. Her birthday party in February will also be Sofia themed, so she'll wear it again. DH and I aren't dressing up this year. I guess I should have thought about that!

Thanks! Now I know what the show is. I have seen it advertsie but it would get a big thumbs down in our house .LOL. Looks cute though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"