Minnesota Babies

I need a dress.

Family photos in 2 weeks. The scale says I've lost all the baby weight but none of my dresses fit. Looking for something under $80, trendy but will stand the test of time in pictures. As my wonderful husband suggested "not frumpy." Ideas?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need a dress.

• Hey, you're doing pretty good to be pre-baby weight at 5 months!  It took me that..plus a year.  I was just at Nordstrom this weekend and saw some cute stuff.  I've also had luck at Ann Taylor Loft and sometimes you can find cute stuff at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Wrap dress? I feel like they flatter almost everyone and 'grow' with changing bodies. Banana Republic has some nice ones and I think you can get 40% off on Wednesdays.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • What size are you in???  That helps a lot for rec's...  Nordstroms... JCP...  Sears...  All are great up to about size 24, from there, you're pretty much SOL except for Catherine's...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The size thing is part of the problem. I was like a size 4/6 before i got pregnant, but now I've gone up 4 cup sizes and the rest of me is back down to normal. I know this sounds like a horribly vain problem but I'm at my wits end. i feel like everything looks skin tight or a tent and there's no good middle ground. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • try the clearance section at White House Black Market. They almost always mark their dresses down to $80 or under. Love, love their dresses.
  • I'm an E/FF depending on the brand, but I'd love to have that size 4-6 problem, at least you've always got options, you get 2 to 3 if you're lucky once you enter Women's sizing... 

Nordstrom's!!!  They have tailors on-site and if it's over a certain amount I believe it's included.  They've been fantastic in the past when I've had them do work on my clothes from there and the turnaround is usually decent.  They're also great on the customer service end so don't be afraid to accept help to find what you're looking for.

And, I know they make a lot of people cringe (for good reason!), but David's Bridal in their formalwear section since a lot of the dresses vary in length and formality depending on the look you're going for.  If you go in there with a realistic attitude knowing whatever you pick out needs alterations and plan it into your budget, you'll be fine...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"