LGBT Parenting

Health and Wellness Check In

How are things going this week?  Any successes or challenges?

QOTW: If money were no object, would you consider plastic surgery?  Why or why not?  What would you have done?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Health and Wellness Check In

• Things are good, had my first Obgyn appointment since graduating from the fertility dr! I've gained 10lbs since getting pregnant but it was needed as I started out at 113 lbs.

I would definitely get plastic surgery if money weren't an option. Nothing crazy, but a few nips and tucks after baby arrives and I work out and get in the best shape I could get myself into.
    Anniversary
  • I lost another pound, woo hoo! I went up to 3 estrogen pills this week and the estrogen seems to inhibit weight loss so I am really pleased. I have a pound and a half I'd like to lose before transfer --probably not going to happen, but it would be awesome if it did. I went to the gym four times this week, plus PT and I had a few treats here and there but overall tried really hard to be careful with my eating.

QOTW: I can't imagine changing my face (e.g. nose job), but I must admit I'd love to take care of some of the excess skin from my weight loss (which will no doubt be even worse after a pregnancy and hopefully another weight loss).
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Loading the player...
  • Things here are starting to be challenging. It is a struggle to sleep comfortably or even roll over. However the plus side to this is that we know our babies will be big and hopefully healthy and will avoid any NICU time. YAY!   :D

QOTD: I think my answers vary on this question. I consider myself an athlete and was a big runner prior to becoming pregnant. I have taken a hiatus due to the multiple pregnancy so I think the only thing I might consider surgery on would be breast implants. Although I'm happy with them right now, that might change after the babies come!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I suffered a serious sleep debt that I'm working to restore but so far I'm still lagging and not feeling my best.  I had to work last weekend - chaperoned a trip to Chicago and I had to be up and at 'em at 6:00 am to load the kids into the bus and make sure they got to their destinations in time.  I always thought it would be super fun to be a professional travel guide but... no.  It's exhausting.  All I wanted to do was stay home and read a book.  I went to sleep at 3:30 am forced myself out of bed by noon the next day because I didn't want to miss my fall date with C.  We went apple picking and had a picnic at our favorite winery which was a lot of fun.  I don't want to miss my life to sleep!

But now that it's the work week... ugh.  I finally feel a little more like myself but that's all going to hell in a handbasket because I have to wake up at 5:30 am tomorrow to get to Indianapolis for my ultrasound appointment.  I get Friday and Monday off for a long weekend so hopefully I'll catch up on my sleep debt then.  So until I'm well-rested my workout regime has been put on hold.  Gar...

QOTW: Nah, I'm pretty happy with how I look.  The only "elective" surgery I'd have would be to get a lap band.  I'm seriously considering it after I have a baby.  I asked the doctor if I could do it sooner and she said I'm too young and it's not healthy during pregnancy.  I don't mind waiting as long as I'm still healthy.  Which I am :) But otherwise, no surgery for me.  I think my face is right purty!

• M and I have continued swimming although we haven't for the last few days. I have also been trying to get out for dog walks and other things that get me moving. I have baseball practice tonight. I would still like to do some yoga but haven't prioritized that yet.

Eating has been a mixed bag. This weekend was thanksgiving here so we definitely did holiday eating. But I'm still making better choices overall with food.

QOTW: not at this point.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Weighed in today and clocked in at 192.8lbs... my milestone goal was 193.3lb and I'm so happy to have finally passed it! I have a weigh-in appointment with my family doc in a couple weeks so I intend to work hard to maintain this loss. It was a long time coming. Haven't been this light in over 5 years!

Still doing well post-surgery. I do miss running, though. Hopefully next week I'll feel up to it.

QOTW: I would do a tummy tuck, for sure. After losing 46lbs already, I have a lot of excess skin that is actually surprisingly uncomfortable. I can't imagine what it might be like if I actually manage to lose 100lbs!

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• QOTW: I would do a tummy tuck, for sure. After losing 46lbs already, I have a lot of excess skin that is actually surprisingly uncomfortable. I can't imagine what it might be like if I actually manage to lose 100lbs!
    I lost 85, and although it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it is definitely not ideal.  Such a frustrating side effect to what is otherwise a very good thing!
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• I lost 85, and although it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it is definitely not ideal.  Such a frustrating side effect to what is otherwise a very good thing!
    Wow!!! Congrats! I'm definitely grateful for the increased energy and the reduced body aches etc., but I didn't sign up for saggy skin LOL

Can I ask how long it took and what you did to get there?

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• I lost 85, and although it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it is definitely not ideal.  Such a frustrating side effect to what is otherwise a very good thing!
    Wow!!! Congrats! I'm definitely grateful for the increased energy and the reduced body aches etc., but I didn't sign up for saggy skin LOL

Can I ask how long it took and what you did to get there?
    Of course!  It took me 2 years on Weight Watchers.  In the last 3-6 months of those two years I took up running, but most of it was just careful eating.  And I kept it all off for about 6 months...but then TTC starting getting more and more stressful.  I'm a stress eater, so it started creeping back.  Two years after I hit lifetime, I was up about 40 lbs.  I waver between beating myself up about it -- because it feels terrible to gain back weight that you worked so hard to lose -- and cutting myself some slack -- because those two years included a lot of stress, anxiety, depression, meds, exercise restrictions, surgeries, two pregnancies and two miscarriages.  There is great relief in the idea that at some point I will be done with all of this and can get my body back where I want it again.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• That's amazing. I know what it's like to feel like getting down on yourself, especially when you know you've been self-sabotaging your progress (I'm guilty of it all the time), but it really is an achievement to be proud of! At my heaviest, I was 239 lbs... that was a little over 2 years ago. I tried one of the fad shake diet things and lost about 40lbs, then gained around 7 back. This summer my doctor started monitoring my weightloss; she's a big advocate of WW but was like, "If you can't afford it, then restrict your calories to 1200/day."  MAN was that hard at first, but I got over it. And clearly it's working LOL

I took up running too and absolutely love it. I had to stop for a while because I started getting knee pain (during a race, argh!) and there was no way I was compromising all that progress by blowing it out. I really miss it. Now that I've shed some more weight it's probably a good time to ease back into it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"