March 2012 Moms
Options

Happy Monday!...I mean Tuesday :)

edited October 2013 in March 2012 Moms
It seems we have all been having some rough patches recently. Illness, grumpy days, etc.

So I thought today we think about one good thing about last week and survive on that.

Here's mine:

We had two sick parents and a teething baby last week so it was rough around here. But I I sold a baby blanket through my Etsy shop last week. Most my items are small and not a lot of $. So it was awesome to sell something big as we didn't have grocery money last week before that sale. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: Happy Monday!...I mean Tuesday :)

• Options
    Way to go @countrygrl5533! I love this post!

I got 9 mi worth of runs in last week despite feeling super tired all the time!
  • Options

It's not Monday anymore but I will play. :)

We had some nice family time this weekend. Saturday our firestation had an open house and DS loves fire trucks, so we walked over there and he was pretty excited to get a balloon. Not as impressed by the fire trucks, curiously. Sunday we went to the pumpkin patch and he loved seeing the pumpkins, horses, and tractor (he asked to see our pumpkins the next morning). His version of "pumpkin" sounds kind of like "monkey", and "horse" is "hursh". So cute.

Congrats on your sale!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on the sale! What type of blanket was it, crocheted?

DS popped three molars with in the last week. One on the bottom was a huge bubble for over a week and finally went down and the tooth came through. He was miserable and would wake up crying on and off all night. There is one more bottom molar that needs to come through and then hopefully he will catch some relief for a bit. DD is crawling now so they pretty much play and entertain each other all day, allowing me to get work done. Hope everyone has a better week!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It's always nice to hear all the things that went good!

@Mrs MoJoRisin: Yes, crocheted. This one to be exact. I use this super soft yarn that is amazing. DH keeps asking me to make one big enough to be a throw blanket for his chair. lol.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    Nice work!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It's always nice to hear all the things that went good!

@Mrs MoJoRisin: Yes, crocheted. This one to be exact. I use this super soft yarn that is amazing. DH keeps asking me to make one big enough to be a throw blanket for his chair. lol.
    That blanket looks amazing!  And I'm also impressed by your other work!  I think it's amazing that people can be so crafty (since I am totally not).

I went to my second MOPS meeting on Saturday morning and it was great to talk to other moms in real life.  We just moved this summer and I don't make friends easily, so I've been pretty lonely.  The whole group is going to the pumpkin patch next Saturday so I'm excited about that!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, thanks ladies. :)

@cmsdouglas, I've always wanted to go to a MOPs meeting but the closest one to me is 2 hours away. Glad you are having fun with it!

• Options
    @Nicb13, MOPS is Mothers of Preschoolers. It is a Christian organization for moms of young children. Each group is different but they do Bible study, play groups, field trips, etc.

• Options
    Excited30 said:
    Sure feels like a Monday to me.  We've had a long Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada :).  So, my pluses include a family walk to a nature house among many beautiful fall leaves along a river.  Then on Sunday an afternoon drive to a city of murals and a park with an ocean view of sailboats and a light house.  I came home, put a turkey in the oven to cook until bedtime.  Sunday evening kinda stank as dd began throwing up right after her bedtime story and didn't stop for almost 2 hrs until she just couldn't anymore :/  Then Monday was a small family evening thanksgiving dinner, which I was quite impressed with.  I just love fall.  After dinner we played 3 rounds of the game Apples to Apples amidst tea, chocolate and pumpkin pie.  It was really nice.  Now, today is clean up day.  Dd is still ill :(  and I'm just watching her closely and staying close to home.  I've cancelled appointments for the next few days.  Here's to a good week though.  

Aw, poor baby and mama. I hope she feels better soon!
  • Options
    Aw, thanks ladies. :)

@cmsdouglas, I've always wanted to go to a MOPs meeting but the closest one to me is 2 hours away. Glad you are having fun with it!
    I understand!  The last place we lived was 1.5 hours from the closest meeting.  This one is new, so it's still small, but it seems like a great group of ladies!  I'm excited about it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"