Texas Babies

Bed and Breakfast

So my parents gave us a gift certificate for Bed & Breakfast . com for Christmas to use before the baby comes...?Anyone have suggestions as to where to go? ?We want to stay kind of close by...like Hill Country or something....?

Re: Bed and Breakfast

• How about here in town? ?DH proposed to me at the Inn at Craig Place - the place is great! ?you can ask that breakfast be left at the door in a picnic basket if you don't want to be disturbed. =) ?Make sure to ask about the bed sizes though. ?In the room we had, the bed was a little small for my tastes.

https://www.bedandbreakfast.com/texas-san-antonio-innatcraigplace.html

Fredericksburg is great if you want to be in the hill country. ?Lots of cute shops and great German food. ??

• We actually stayed there the night of our wedding and liked it. ?We really wanted to get out of town for a night or two and are looking for a specific place...maybe somewhere someone has gone in Wimberly or Gruene, or Fredericksburg...etc....

?

Thoughts????

• Loading the player...
  • We stayed at The Verandas in Burnet a couple of years ago and loved it. 

https://www.verandasburnet.com/

There's not much to do in Burnet or many places to eat, but the breakfast and the tea & cookies at The Verandas is just to die for.  She has an herb garden out front that she sends a guest out to fetch some stuff for breakfast.  There's the koi pond out back, and it's fun to feed the fish.  The rooms are nice and big and the one we stayed in had a clawfoot tub (Crockett Suite). 

The owners don't live on property, which to me is nice because it's weird for me when they do.  The common area includes a living room, dining room, kitchen and there are games & stuff you can borrow.  We grilled dinner out back one night actually.  

• I vote Fredericksburg.  Lots of choices and good food.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"