Parenting after a Loss

Convertible car seats. What would u do?

DD is almost one!!! She's two lbs from max weight on the infant seat. I bought two seats on amazon. Evenflo sureride dlx 65. Cute. But BIG ! Goes in hubby's truck fine. But I have a Saturn aura. I have my sons booster in the back too and I cannot get this thing to fit!!! As it is, even the infant seat is tough.

My hubby had a real brainiac moment and burned the boxes Friday. So I can't even return the seat. He's opposed to a new vehicle! I'm not because my car is do small with two kids. I have no space. Ideally it would be best to wait two yrs til my loan is up but I've shopped and shopped for car seats snd they are all big!

Any suggestions??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Convertible car seats. What would u do?

• 4legsRbest4legsRbest member
    edited October 2013

I hear ya on this! My car holds the seats fine but I hate using DH's becuase I can't get him in and out without banging his head or mandhandling him to the point of frustration (both of us!). I don't know if there is much you can do if he burned the boxes, maybe call the company directly to see if you can return them without the boxes, as long as you have the receipt they may entertain the idea. I have heard the Diono (sp?) makes a great seat for compact cars, we may be going that way too, especially since it is getting harder and harder to get H in his. But, DH is fine with it so I just refuse to drive his car if that is what you ultimately want.

Or, you can have your hubby drive your car and you get the truck for the next two years - or until he agrees to let you get a new car. Sorry, I am kind of a smart ass when it comes to these kinds of things. If you have the money I say go ahead and get a new car.

Either way, I hope you find something that works!

ETA: We have a Britax Marathon in a Hyundai Elantra right now.

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FmrAFBratFmrAFBrat member
    edited October 2013
    My DH has a small car too( 3 series BMW) but I did find a seat that fits in it at Walmart of all places. The ones at BBB did not fit (except for the Combi Corrocco which DS is too tall for....it would only rear face to 36 inches) but this one still leaves room for the front seat passenger or driver.

Anyways, it rear faces to 40lbs and inches like the Evenflo you got and 65 total lbs. Ours is gray but it looks like pink is the only color they have but you have a DD so that should be okay.

EDIT: You may want to contact amazon and see if they will let you return or exchange it. Otherwise make DH buy another one and give the extra to grandma or someone you know.

https://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=8C6BE62468D015582FA8BD67CBD0D7AA#ip/Safety-1st-Guide-65-Sport-Convertible-Car-Seat-Lydia/19514415
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • If you can't use the car seats and are willing to sell them, check your area for consignment stores or consignment events where you can work and get a percentage of your items' sales. We have a Britax Marathon in a old Honda Civic and a Toyota Prius. I do not think the seat is big and bulky. DS is 4 and is still using it. It works well rear-facing too.
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • nuttycoconutnuttycoconut member
    edited October 2013
    I agree with the options above - switch cars with your hubby or get a new seat. 

I also think the FB page Car Seats for the Littles is a fantastic resource. It's run by car seat techs and they will help you find the best seat for your car. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"