Single Parents

Sad news.

I had talked about this last Monday in the "Monday Moan-day" thread, my grandma passed on Saturday while my mom, aunts, uncles, cousins, and I were there.  She went peacefully surrounded by so many who loved her. And, to me, what makes the situation really hard is that BD's mom was in town and made sure she made an appearance with my baby (she came over yesterday).  She knew what was going on with my grandma and she didn't seem to care at all.  In fact, she even brought BD over, which I thought was completely out of line.  Especially while I was grieving.  In the middle of the visit, as kind of an afterthought, BD's mom asked me how my grandma was.  Really? I guess the only thing about yesterday that made the visit worthwhile was that my boyfriend was there.  BD can't stand that he's around DD, because he had originally chosen to not be around.  Everything my boyfriend did for her, he sat back watching and seething with jealousy.

But, that's over.  I can now grieve in peace knowing that BD's mom won't be around to bother me again until April when she comes back up from FL.  My grandma told me about 2 weeks ago that she had been waiting to see me with a guy that was worth my time, and she was glad to finally meet him too.  She hated BD, to the point where he was not allowed to go to her house.  She loved my BF and would always ask if he was joining me if I called to say I was dropping by.  Her last words to me were, "you're going to be OK, after you cry awhile."  She's right.  So I'm going to do just that, cry awhile.  Because I know she's in a better place. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Sad news.

• I'm so glad you had time to be with and talk with her before she passed. I'm also so glad she got to meet your little girl. As for BD and his gang. Ugh. That woman never has any tact. Thank god you only have to see her a few times a year now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"