TTC after 35

All I Can Do Is Cry ... (warning bfp/bfn mentioned)

Today I woke at 4 am to got to the bathroom and I look down and see a good amount of red blood when I wipe. (Sorry if TMI).

Of course I start bawling and haven't stopped since. My beta is scheduled in two more days on Wed, but seems pretty hopeless. This is my first IVF and each of my previous IUIs ended the same way with AF starting a few days before beta.

In a desperate search of the internet I found info on gals who bleed at 9dp3dt and were still BFP, then found gals who did and were BFN. Also saw info where folks said you can't bleed while being on progesterone injections and then found ones that said it is possible. So after hours of crying and wondering why is this happening to me again, I realize I just need to call the doc when they open, see what they say, and then proceed accordingly. 

This process SUCKS BIG TIME.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: All I Can Do Is Cry ... (warning bfp/bfn mentioned)

• I am sorry if this didn't work, but calling teh Dr is the best thing, because Dr. Google is not very helpful in most circumstances!!

Here is a shoulder for you to cry on (((hugs)))

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• I am so sorry
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so so sorry! fingers x'd that you get some good news at the doctor.
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Thank you everyone. 

I can't bear to call my doc office today even though I had intended.  I went back to the packet they gave us at the start of the IVF process and it clearly states you need to wait till your scheduled beta as there can be spotting or bleeding prior and it doesn't neccessarily mean a negative.  If I call right now and the nurse tells me to just wait it out like I'm supposed I don't think that will give me any comfort. I'll prolly just burst into tears again.  So, for my own peace of mind I'm holding off.  

IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.

image   image

image  image

• I know this may sound silly, but I have downloaded a bunch of meditation aps and play them.  Sometimes you have to go out of your way to unwind.  Trust me when I say I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH, just as much as I need to say it is out of your control.  

NONE OF THIS is your fault, you did nothing wrong.  You do need to calm yourself, though, because if this is just bleeding, stress hormones do affect the fetus/baby.  I still cry to myself everyday, because grieving is part of loss, but you do not know this is what is happening.  I bled with my oldest daughter - now 24 - and spotted with the others.

While I hope you get the good news you want to hear, know that we are here for you regardless.  
  • I'm so sorry .... Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Oh PrivateOne my heart is breaking for you. I will pray that all turns out ok.
    (((Hugs)))))

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• It could be implantation bleeding. You won't know for sure until you get your beta. Try to surround yourself with things that you like because this process does suck. I already have two failed ivfs, one of which ended in miscarriage. And now we are trying again. Try to stay positive. Good luck to you.
  • Everyone's kind words are so helpful and appreciated.  I am doing much better now and trying to remain positive until I get the final beta word.  I will deal with whatever may come in the best way I can. I know I am not alone and there are sooooo many people that deal with the horrible effects of infertility everyday.  We all have a story to tell along this journey and it is comforting to share in everyone of yours.

Thanks Again. Best wishes and luck to all of you on your journeys as well :)

image   image

image  image

• Oh sweetie I am so sorry. FX that everything is OK and you get your bfp :). Hang in there. Sending lots of positive vibes!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Thanks @beckypoo5! FX crossed for you and your journey as well. You are the ultimate patience warrior :)

Less than 24 hours now till my beta. I still will not POAS for personal peace of mind and calmness. I decided (and my dh agrees) we feel more comfortable doing this by the book and simply waiting on the blood test results.

image   image

image  image

• Patience is nothing compared to what you girls have gone through. Will be thinking of you :) GL

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Keeping you in positive thoughts. Hang in there :)
    Me: 35  low AMH, normal FSH
    DH: 31 Fair DNA fragmentation test :( Normal SA
    TTC: since March 2012

09-21-13 start IVF #1
    10-04-13 ER 6 eggs, 6 mature, all 6 fertilized. 3 frozen
    10-08-13 fresh transfer canceled due to high progesterone
    waiting for FET
    10-18 started BCP
    10-29 baseline appt scheduled
    11-20 scheduled date of FET #1
    12-2 BFN :(

3-1-14 moving on to the next step. Switched RE. going to plan 3 IUI cycles while saving for IVF#2

April 2014- IUI#1  BFN
    May 2014- IUI#2 BFN
    June 2014 IUI#3 BFN

Taking a break for a while, focusing on our wedding.

Sept 24th missed period! Surprise natural BFP
    10-15-14 first ultrasound
    06-05-15 EDD

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"