Cloth Diapering
Options

Wool

My little guy is 9 weeks and just over 13 lbs and we're slowly making the transition to fitteds and wool for ON. We're currently using either a hemp/prefold/liner combo or a twinkie tush little tush with either a PUL cover or a kissaluvs wool cover. The wool cover is almost too small and I've only used it twice as I'm concerned it's not totally closed at the leg holes when he moves. We also have a regular TT and a set of TT night nights for use as he grows. I'd love to get some wool that he can grow into, but I'm not sure what to buy and since it can be a $$$ investment, I want to make the right choices.

What wool do you love? What size should I get that will fit him now and for at least a little while? What brand and size fits best over a TTNN?
How many overnight covers should I ideally have? 2? 3? 4?

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wool

• Options

I have 2 disanas, I love them and I think 2 is enough. I bought them pretty big on him but they still worked, and they'll still fit for a while! Bonus, they're very affordable. I did have to lano twice to get really bulletproof, but I still used them after only doing it once.

• Options
    I have 3 Sloomb and I bought them all pre-owned because they are pricey.  I own 2 shorties & one longies and I bought a size up (M/ML) and they've worked fine for just night time.  I got mine from my local CD group on FB, but there is a Sbish B/S/T on FB where you can find some good deals:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/383640801719666/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use TT and TT NN anbd we use Sloomb Longies.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Danie007Danie007 member
    edited October 2013
    jane8188 said:

I have 2 disanas, I love them and I think 2 is enough. I bought them pretty big on him but they still worked, and they'll still fit for a while! Bonus, they're very affordable. I did have to lano twice to get really bulletproof, but I still used them after only doing it once.

Disanas would be a good suggestion for fitting long term. I made one work for about a month. Two is a good idea number. Once or twice, when DS was really wet, my cover didn't completely dry during the day. Two means you can alternate covers, and not have to lanolize as frequently.

P.S. I love my sloomb wool, but they are a bit more size specific. DS is 22lbs (skinny guy too) and the sm/med worked, but was difficult to get pulled up all the way with a bulkier fitted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    A little gap doesn't seem to be as big of a problem with wool. It isn't the same as a pul cover. It pushes the dampness back into the fitted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"