3rd Trimester
Options

Sex kick-starting labor

I'm 39 weeks today and was 3 cm dilated at dr. app. last week, so I decided this morning that me and my husband should try to kick start the process by having sex, see if there's any truth in it....sure enough, about a half hour later contractions started!! But now I've been having them all day, 3 minutes apart, painful, steady, and consistent, just nothing intensifying yet to go in to the hospital. Little frustrating!!

Re: Sex kick-starting labor

• Options
    That is exciting, congrats! I am 37 weeks and almost 3 cm as of last Thursday, so I will have to keep that in mind! I know every doctor is different, but mine said if contractions are 5 minutes apart it's time to call and head to the hospital. Hope everything keeps along moving for you! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks :) Well they lasted all day and then started getting further apart :/ I was so excited, I almost went in around noon.....had everything packed and we were at the hospital, but then I decided to try the early labor at home.....took a shirt nap and after resting they gradually weren't as strong and stopped tho evening. I hope it helped me progress a little more though, I have a feeling I better get in fast when they start up again!! Good luck to you as well!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This happened to me several times last pregnancy. It was very frustrating. When I did go into real labor I woke up with contractions that started on their own.
  • Options
    Im 32w and 5d and it seems like my mucus plug was dislodged because sex. Dh and I hadn't had sex in weeks because it was uncomfortable, and yesterday morning decided to try. Successful. Throughout the day, I had a painful burning sensation in my thigh that radiated down to my ankle, and this morning I lost my mucus plug. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"