VBAC

OB vs Midwife??

Hi. I'm 17 weeks with my second and excited to try for VBAC. I have the option of seeing an OB or Midwife for a VBAC at the birthing center/hospital I will deliver at. I am curious about opinions if a Midwife is a better option for VBAC since I guess they may exhaust more resources since they can't just jump to c/s without bringing an OB in. Of course an OB will be closely following if anything goes sideways. With our first, labor never progressed after 5 cm and I look back and wonder if my OB took the easy and quick option. Does anyone have thoughts or advice they can share?

Re: OB vs Midwife??

• My office won't let me see a midwife officially as my dr because I've had a csection. BUT I do like my dr and I've been seeing the midwife as well as my OB, I like this because they are both supportive of a VBAC and if there is an emergency, my OB will be there but if the midwife assists my birth I'm happy with that.... I guess best of both worlds!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I briefly considered a mw. While I love my ob, I have issues with the hospital. The closest midwife/ob gyn practice had a ridiculously high csection rate. My ob knew how determined I was and was extremely supportive. He was not on call when I had DS, but came to see me in the morning. I remember him commenting how much better it was to vbac, and didn't understand why so many women would chose a on elective cs or rcs (clearly he understands medical need.)
  • Loading the player...
  • My MWs were awesome! I switched back and forth between my ob and mw for my appointments. When I did my vbac only my mwives and nurses were in the room with my mom and mil. The only man was MH and
    I loVed it!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I had a midwife for my first and will be staying with her through the next pregnancy.  My c-section was unplanned, but when I got to the hospital and she checked me, she found that DS was breech.  She stayed with me through the c-section and was great.  I really enjoy having a midwife rather than an OB because of the additional attention.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"