Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Tax Deduction?

I was at my doc the other day and I learned about a new bill (I think Federal but not sure....definitely Illinois) where Fertility centers are trying to get tax credits for families trying to conceive (just like the adoption credit).  Next time you guys are at your doctor, ask them about it....the more signatures the better the odds of getting the bill passed so we can get SOME financial relief!

Re: Tax Deduction?

• Options
    we are in Illinois and will definitely contact the appropriate officials!
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    I'm planning on taking advantage of the medical expense tax credit - any expense greater than 10% of your income counts. Even if I don't cycle until early next year, which is a possibility, I want to pay for the cycle this year in order to get the most credit. I'm not familiar with any other bill or credit.

9/15/14 - Our first son born thanks to donor eggs at RBA after 7 failed own egg IVF cycles.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's the Family Act, it's not in effect yet but here is more info..

https://www.resolve.org/get-involved/family-act-of-2011.html

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Options

Resolve has been advocating for the last several years for a federal tax credit for infertility related expenses.  It would be a credit up to a certain $$ amt. taken over one year or a several year stretch, and would work similar to the adoption credit.  You can learn more about it on the Resolve website.  I also live in Illinois and have written letters in support of this credit.

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Nice.  Thanks for sharing!

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"