End of Week Poll - 10/11/2013 — The Bump
Homeschooling

End of Week Poll - 10/11/2013

1)  What did you learn about in your homeschool this week?

2)  What was your biggest success?

3)  What was your biggest struggle?

4)  Did you read any good books this week - for the kids or yourself?

5)  Did you make any purchases for your homeschool that you want to share?

Re: End of Week Poll - 10/11/2013

• wifeofadamwifeofadam member
    edited October 2013
    1 - We're learning about insects for our unit study, diligence and initiative for character study, kn and ough sounds in phonics (DS1), and telling time.  DS2 is working on writing his numbers  (they are a mess). 

2 - DS1 can now read the instructions on his math sheets all by himself, so as of this week I no longer have to stand over to him to explain what needs done in each section.  I can teach his lesson, set him up with his work, and go into the other room to do dishes while he is working.  It's sooooooo nice!!!

3 - DS2 was not interested in doing school this week at all.  It happens every now and then.  I'm not pushing him since he's only four, but it's sort of disappointing because the last couple of weeks he had been doing so well.

4 - Not really.  We never made it to the library on Wednesday.

5 - Our ants for our ant farm came in the mail last night.  We've had a blast observing them do their work all day.  If you're studying insects with little ones, I highly recommend getting them an ant farm!!  My mom also bought us this bug discovery kit from Lakeshore Learning.  It's been a huge kit with the boys, who love anything gross.  lol

• 1)  What did you learn about in your homeschool this week? Since this is our first full week with Asher we took a break from our schedule and curriculum. We worked on some fall themed things.

2)  What was your biggest success? Getting two days pod school done!

3)  What was your biggest struggle? Balancing life with three kids. I'm having a hard time being patient with the older ones.

4)  Did you read any good books this week - for the kids or yourself? The girls are obsessed with Arthur's new baby book. Dd1 is also enjoying the velvatine rabbit.

5)  Did you make any purchases for your homeschool that you want to share? Not this week!

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I learned that I have to do all of my photocopying beforehand because if I don't, C starts to color directly in the workbook instead of on copies.  (Oops.)

We got started! We received her curriculum in the mail and started it this week. To this point we had been just doing unit studies.  It's nice not to have to figure everything out alone.

Apparently having other people record appointments that I have made this week.  I made a hair appointment and daycare appointment and neither were recorded by the business.  I also made the appointment to have my dog fixed and the vet had no record either.  Sigh.

Finished a major project for my MAED course so no extra reading.

No major purchase but I still need to get classroom staples... like pencils.  I swear this house eats pencils for breakfast.  I have picked up a new package of pencils nearly every trip out for the last several weeks and I still never have any!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards