VBAC

If your doctor doesn't make it to your birth in time

Are you still trying for a vbac? I asked my Dr. who gave me 99% that he will be delivering lo. He does have a day trip planned a few days before my due date, where I doubt he'd make it back in time though. He works alone, so then who delivers? A resident Dr.? I am very nervous about a strange Dr. being as vbac supportive as mine is and just don't like the idea of not "knowing" another Dr.

Re: If your doctor doesn't make it to your birth in time

• That's a really good question to ask your Dr. My OB is known in the area for being very VBAC friendly. I just started seeing her and at my 1st appointment she told me that her vacation is the first 2 and a half weeks of Jan. I'm due on the 20th....  She did say that her backup OB shares her birth philosophy and that I'm free to meet with the backup as much as I want before then. If for some reason I wound up with another OB or resident that I'd never seen before I would totally stick to my plan. Just make sure that you discuss everything with your current Dr. so that you feel 100% comfortable with your decisions and can stand up for yourself if you need to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I a pretty sure my ob is the only ob at my hospital who does Vbacs, since he is very vbac supportive. But they hospital isn't. It does less than 20 a year. He unfortunately was not on call when I had DS. So a different doctor delivered. I was able to vbac, unfortunately/fortunately she failed to read my
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"