Postpartum Depression

Could it be...?

My little one just turned 4 months on the 28th of September. He's been a challenge from day 1 (emer c-section,2 days in NICU, bad jaundice, colic AND GERD, now we're back sliding on sleeping). I love him like there is NO tomorrow, but needless to say, sleep is NOT something my husband and I get. At first I thought maybe I had baby blues, then it got better. Then I chalked my diminishing house to no sleep. At this point, DH and I are at each other's throats - well, he is frustrated, feels like he is alone in this partnership, I take EVERYTHING he says like he's belittling me and as a result I'm pushing him away. I'm WAY over sensitive. He merely asks me to pick up the house or do something for him and I hear it as an attack. In response, I've become clingy, I hate when he's at work (night shift) and talk to him about all things under the sun. I can't seem to stop, I'm chatting to keep conversation going but it's not good conversation. I am NOT a clingy person, I hate cuddling and I love my space - not so these days. I don't keep up on house work, blaming it/believing on being tired. I feel like I am letting everyone close to me down. I'm scared I'm going to come home and he's going to tell me he wants a divorce (yes, I'm aware this is slightly irrational) and that he never should have married me. WTH is going on?! I feel so out of control!!! 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Could it be...?

• I would talk to your doctor about PPD. Also, a baby is hard on a marriage...our first year with our daughter was rough. I had PPD and he didn't understand it. This time around I got PPD again but my H read a lot about it and tries to help. Not every day is great but better. I will say that after our daughter turned a year old...well maybe even a little before that...we got back on track.

It is hard adjusting to this new little creature that needs you all the time.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would also like to add that I thought my H was going to leave me too, with my first baby. I missed him like crazy even though he was right in front of me. This was part of my PPD.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"