Health & Exercise
Options

TTM about double running strollers

A girl on DD's BMB has scared me by saying that double jogging strollers with 2 babies are so heavy and impossible that there's no point to even getting one. This makes me nervous, because DD will be 13 months old when LO2 is born, so if I want to go for a walk or run, babies are going with me, and I had planned to sell my BOB Ironman to help fund a double when the time comes. But now I'm scared to part with it (even though I have a while to make this decision/purchase), because I'm afraid I'll hate the double and never use it.

So, tell me it's not that bad and completely doable and you use yours all the time. ;) And...is a BOB my best bet? Because I love my ironman single, since it's exclusively our running/walking stroller, and would do the same with a double, it's just...so much money!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: TTM about double running strollers

• Options
    I think the duallies are a good bet.  I know it is rough when there is a head wind but when you head the other direction it is easy breezy.  I am getting the chariot something from REI.  It has an enclosure to keep the kids away from the elements.  I run on the board walk and at a park that can get pretty windy, so I need something during the early spring, and fall months which will keep them warm and dry.  People say they love them.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been running with my Double Bob Revolution since DS was 4 weeks, they're 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 now and we're still running.  I don't usually go more than 3-4 miles because that's all we have the patience for, hills are tough, but its good to have a challenge right?  I did hold on to my single because I'm hoping this summer, although it will probably be next summer, DD will be old enough to bike along side and I can use the single again with DS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a Schwinn M3 that I use daily and love it! My younger two are currently 14mo and almost 3 (next month) and are comfortable in it and often both will fall asleep in it if I time our run correctly which doesn't happen in the regular stroller. (We also have a regular double stroller as well as a single running stroller). My only complaint with it is that it is hard to maneuver through doorways since it is a side by side but I love how smoothly it steers and it's not hard to push while running once you get used to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"