July 2012 Moms

GTKY: slides

I'm feeling pretty badassicle now that Emery has a slide in her very own house. Let alone the living room for now.

I never had one did you?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14

Re: GTKY: slides

• MH said he had a slide/swing set

Most we had was a playhouse my dad built with lumber.

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
  • Nope.  I never got anything like that because my stepdad said my mom would hurt herself... which was probably true.  I'm getting a trampoline when we move, darn it.  I was robbed as a child.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a whole swing set which was made from metal. I remember the slide getting very warm in the summer, but in the spring and fall it would warm up nicely and I'd just go out and lie on it. I want a house with a backyard so Charlie can have her own too.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @stokedwifey yes! I never had a trampoline either. Except I've seen a lot of broken legs on tosh.0 and its a little scary. But I still want to get her one. She LOVES to jump!

• I had a small swing set with metal slide. It was kinda short so I don't remember enjoying it much. I plan on getting a backyard set for the kids. They love being outdoors!
  • Yes we had a swing set with a slide, but not in the house.

Much more awesomely, my dad built me a playhouse with electricity, doorbell, window flower boxes, and a loft so I could sleep out there!  (Though I'm sure I never did, except maybe a nap... I was 4.)  First (and worst??) heartbreak ever--->  We moved away and couldn't take it with us.  Another little blonde girl with the same first name as me moved in, and it became hers!

It still hurts a little to say it.  GIVE ME MY HOUSE BACK, KID!!!!

• nope I never had one. @nesenotes which slide do you have for her?
  • @roo1582 Ours did too, so my dad decided to make it a permanent fixture and rooted it's legs in the ground in cement. It never tilted again. LOL

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• @zyas a neighbor was throwing theirs away so I nabbed it. Its a 3 step plastic little tikes slide. Its the perfect height for her. She really freaking loves it.

I would do like @hijinx and scour CL or garage sales.

• nesenotes said:
    @zyas a neighbor was throwing theirs away so I nabbed it. Its a 3 step plastic little tikes slide. Its the perfect height for her. She really freaking loves it. I would do like @hijinx and scour CL or garage sales.
    @nesenotes

That sounds like the same one we have! (we found it at a garage sale for $3) I never thought about bringing it in the house but I should, Ava is obsessed with slides right now. 
  • We had a metal swing set with a slide, swing and this swing/glider thing for two.  I think my parents got it from Toys R Us, but we were like in Kindergarten I think.  Nothing when I was really little.  I lived in the Johnny Jumper!
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• We had a swing set in our house that we lived in until I was about 12 - swings and a slide and one of those bar things. Then in our next house we had a trampoline which was so much fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"