Food Allergy

Food allergies affecting sleep?

I've never posted on this board so forgive me if this has already been talked about. My DS has a confirmed dairy sensitivity. I EBF and before cutting out dairy he had little red raised bumps on his cheeks. Since we've cut out dairy his skin has cleared up but he still has rough skin on his legs and will wake up crying 4-6 times a night. DS's naturopath suggested it could be a gluten sensitivity and that cutting out gluten may improve his skin and his sleep. Has anyone had an experience where they've noticed improved sleep once they've identified and elimated the allergy from LO's diet? TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Food allergies affecting sleep?

• I am going through this myself and will be cutting out gluten soon. My LO wakes up crying constantly all night and it's not to play, it's the I don't feel comfortable cry. My brother has celiac disease and I remember when he was a toddler he would cry in his sleep and it took years until they realized it was a gluten allergy :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I'm sorry your going through this as well, it's tiring for us and you feel for our LO's as well. I've been trying all these other techniques to try to get my LO to sleep better. I'm so intimidated with the idea of cutting out gluten. Our DS has only ever "STTN" 3 times, he is up every couple hours and needs some sort of comforting to get back to sleep and I know he's not hungry. He wakes up crying most of the time and I feel bad that his sleep is being interrupted so much. If it takes cutting gluten to help him be more rested then thats what I'll do. I guess I just wanted to exhaust all my other options first.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD was a horrible sleeper until we discovered she had a dairy allergy. Once we started Elecare, it was like I had a totally new child. Skin cleared up (she had eczema from head to toe), reflux/spitting up improved, congestion improved, and for once I had a happy, normal baby. I hope you figure out what is bothering your LO so you both can get some rest. Have you been to an allergist or had any allergy testing done?
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"