3rd Trimester
Options

39 wks + and no signs of labor

Im 39 weeks and 6 days and I feel like im never going to see my baby boy. My last visit I was still only 1 cm and 50 % effaced. I have tried all the ways to get myself started from walking to eating spicy foods to taking warm baths etc.. he still has not dropped and I haven't lost my mp. I'm just so ready to see him. This is my first and they say most go past due date but my midwife wont induce me till 42wks. Im just feeling sad and need encouragement. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Re: 39 wks + and no signs of labor

• Options
    My first and second were born 40w1d and 2nd 40w2d...hang in there.

• Options
    I am in the same boat right now. I get pretty frustrated about it also, so I don't have a good pep talk for you, but hopefully it helps to know you aren't the only one almost at 40w with nothing seemingly happening. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you know you'll meet LO within the next couple of weeks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. DS arrived on his own at 41w2d. There isn't a whole lot you can do except walk, have sex & be patient. Good luck. You have to have the baby sometime! ;)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My first was born at 41w. Just remember, baby is coming out, one way or another!!

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• Options
    I think I'm going to start doing things to try and get this little guy out around week 38. Is that wrong? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OP -
    With my first I was 42wks and induced and even at 42wks I was not dilated or effaced so it took a while. Its so frustrating waiting knowing it can be any day, but remember due dates can be off by a week or two...the good news is you are pretty much done!!! GL
    m88bloom said:
    I think I'm going to start doing things to try and get this little guy out around week 38. Is that wrong? 
    My personal opinion is no one should try to have their child weeks before their due date. Let them cook as long as possible. Of course after a while (like in my case) it becomes an issue and they have to medically induce, but minus walking I never did anything until after the 40wk mark and even that I just tried DtD and walking more. If they are not ready then they are not ready, don't try to force it...let that be a decision the doctors make. If your LO decides its time on their own around that week then that's different, but don't try to force them to arrive before they are ready. Again just my opinion, but I had friends start trying to induce labor around wk 34/36 so the whole idea bothers me.
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Options
    The longer the brain and lungs can develop the better. That's what I keep telling myself (I'm 39w 4days).
  • Options

OP- If it makes you feel any better... with DS at my 38 week appointment at 1pm, I was barely a finger tip dilated and I think 20% effaced? He had not dropped, I had no contractions and was fully prepared to be pregnant for a while longer. My water broke at 6pm that night and he was born at 8 am the next morning. So it can all happen very quickly even though you don't feel like much is happening now.

((hugs)) The end is hard but he'll be here soon! 

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I told my doctor I was sure I was going to be pregnant forever. He assured me he's never seen that happen before and he wouldn't allow it. I countered that there is a first time for everything. That's how frustrated I am with my seeming lack of progress, haha!
  • Options
    I'm not as far along as you, I'm 38 wks 2 days but I feel the saaame way ! Last year I lost a pregnancy at 30 weeks due to TTTS & I had to be induced & deliver so I just assumed my body would deliver earlier rather than later . I have contractions everyday, some days a lot more than others but I'm not even dilated, effaced, NOTHING! I'm so anxious to meet my baby girl but like you I'm just gonna have to wait . They come when they're ready . My best friend told me: it's not about what you want; welcome to motherhood ;)
  • Options
    Your baby will come out eventually. You have no more than 2 weeks left. And progression before labor means nothing as to when labor will begin.
  • Options
    I was never dilated or effaced until labor started. I only lost my mp with my second and it didn't mean anything. I was past 40 weeks with both. Just remember that it's best for the baby to stay in there as long as he needs. Trust me, I know how long those last weeks feel but he will be here soon!
    baby 2Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You will not be pregnant forever. My first was 40w4d induced. 2nd was 41w2d I did not want to be induced again and I'm glad I waited. I was mentally prepared to go past my due date. Hang in there!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • Options
    The last few weeks are the longest in pregnancy. But you will have your baby soon. Hang in there.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    Don't be discouraged! At my last apt on Thursday morning I was still the same dilation and progression as the week prior. By 1am on Friday my labor had begun (with zero labor signs prior to). I delivered Saturday evening! You never know. I'm FTM as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Im now 40 wks 1 day and still no sign. Im trying to just be patient and enjoy this time. (Its really hard though lol) gd luck to all those in my same boat. :)
  • Options
    My first came at 36 weeks. I thought it would be AMAZING if i made it to 38 weeks with my second. Well he didn't come until 40w4d! I was losing my mind!! But he did come and it was amazing. Any day now!

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    I was induced at 41 1/2 weeks. I was showing no signs AT ALL that I was going into labor on my own. 

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"